[?]: Project with Micrologix

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
asteroidehk

[?]: Project with Micrologix

Post by asteroidehk » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi friends

I want to develop a little project for an school where I studied.

PLC should be accesible through Ethernet and the process should have at least a devicenet component. Also an hmi would be a plus.

I was thinking in a Micrologix 1400, this has ethernet and with a 1761-NET_DNI, I suppose it is possible to connect to a devicenet component.

Or maybe with a Micrologix 1500? and with a 1761-SDN Scanner? But this has not ethernet port i should use a 1762-NET-ENI to communicate with a pC and an HMI
What do yoy think about this configuration? can you recommend a devicenet component like temperature, level or pressure?
Panelview C600 is a good option? It has serial and ethernet, o what else?

Do you have a better idea?

The devices will be bought by the school, so there is not much money, I will do that for free.

Thanks in advance :D

Last edited by asteroidehk on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kirillij

Re: [?]: Project with Micrologix

Post by Kirillij » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:07 pm

neuhauser

Re: [?]: Project with Micrologix

Post by neuhauser » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:13 am

The micro 1400 should work for your project. It is one of the latest of the micro family. It has 1 ethernet port - 100m enet/ip and 2 serial ports with modbus messaging built in. I've got several installed doing everything from running machines to being modbus RTU485 to PLC5/80 ethernet gateways.
A 1761-NET-DNI from on of the serial ports will get you on devicenet, the other serial can connect to the him, and the ethernet to the labview project. The processor will also handle double int's. and has as fast scan. One drawback is that messages can't be edited online. Devicenet comm with the 1761-net-dni isn't as straight foward as with a compactlogic scanner but it works.

A great little processor for the money. Also the emulator for the 500 soft is free now.