How to add one more Work Station to a single-user system ?

ProTool, WinCC flexible, WinCC, PP/OP/TP/TD/MP
Alex3110

How to add one more Work Station to a single-user system ?

Post by Alex3110 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:01 pm

Hello Everybody !
Merry Christmas and also Happy New Year is coming !!!

I will be happier if I solve a small problem.

There is single-user SCADA-system based on SIEMENS PLC S7-300 and usual PC with WinCC as a visualization. A link between them is configured with a Industrial Ethernet network so the optional CP 343-1 Lean (6GK7 343-1CX10-0XE0 v2.2) module in PLC rack is used. The module network settings in the PLC NetPro are set as TCP/IP, with an IP address assigned.
The HW Configuration of PC Station is also configured as TCP/IP in the PLC Network Pro Configuration in the Simatic Manager. MAC address is not activated and not used.

Tag Connections in WinCC CS "Tag Managment" - "Simatic S7 Protocol Suite" were not created via "Industrial Ethernet", "Industrial Ethernet (II)" or "TCP/IP", but via "Named Connections" because it was the only way to create working ONLINE-connection between PLC and PC, the Start Up man said.
Nevertheless the system started working.

Later I needed to add one more Workstation (WS#2).
I connected WS#2 to the SCADA Ethernet network with a cable, installed WinCC on it, then copied there the WinCC- project, started WinCC RT, but the data from PLC didn't transfer to WS#2.

There is an opinion that because the tag connection in WinCC- project was earlier created as "Named Connection" it is now necessary to reconfigure the PLC "NetPro" i.e. to add there a new PC station (ARM#2).

Is the opinion correct or what should I do to have new WS#2 working in the system properly.

Which settings should I also use in SetUp PG/PC interface in WS#2 ?

Thanks in Advance.