[?]: WinCC Flexible Project Protection

ProTool, WinCC flexible, WinCC, PP/OP/TP/TD/MP
Q-rius

[?]: WinCC Flexible Project Protection

Post by Q-rius » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:54 pm

Dear all,
You can't imagine how happy I am that the forum is back.

Anyway, I just finished a project using Step7 & WinCC Flexible for a plant, the project is going to be run on PC station.
I'm going to install only WinCC Flexible Runtime on the machine, and deploy the .fwx and .pwl files.
Since the plant owner will probably try to copy the project to other identical plants.
What I'm looking for is a way to protect the project from being copied.

Since MAC address is supposed to be not changable, I was thinking maybe to check & compare the MAC address of the PC, and to terminate the Runtime if there is no match, hence guarantee that it is run on this specific computer. Is it possible to write a script for such a thing ?

Your help is VERY MUCH appreciated,
Thank you

sania
Site Admin

Re: WinCC Flexible Project Protection

Post by sania » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:00 pm

with download uncheck "enable upload" & into your computer download only runtime file
over people can not change any settings (connecnion to plc,screens,etc...)

Q-rius

Post by Q-rius » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:45 pm

Thank you Sania for your quick response,
unfortunately this will NOT solve my problem.

In this case, it IS true that he will not be able to edit anything, but he will still be able to copy it and run it on a different computer which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks

sania
Site Admin

Post by sania » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:59 pm

you can copy & run in over pc,but connection to plc can not change

Q-rius

Re: [?]: WinCC Flexible Project Protection

Post by Q-rius » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:05 am

Thank you Sania for your patience,
I get that, but what I'm worried about is:
if he duplicates the PLC, when the WinCC Flex is copied, it IS going to work with the same connection.

here's what I wrote so far, but I wish I knew any better ideas:

Code: Select all

Dim shell
StartProgram "CMD", "/T:70", hmiShowMinimized, hmiNo
shell.SendKeys("@setlocal enableextensions" + "{ENTER}" + "@echo off" + "{ENTER}")
shell.SendKeys("For /f {""}tokens=3 delims=,{""} {%}a In {(}'{""}getmac /v /fo csv /nh | findstr Local{""}'{)} do set b={%}a" + "{ENTER}")
shell.SendKeys("CLS" + "{ENTER}")
shell.SendKeys("If {%}b{%}=={""}00-1C-00-00-00-1C{""} {(}@echo OFF{)} Else {(}taskkill /F /IM HmiRTm.exe /T{)}" + "{ENTER}")
shell.SendKeys("If {%}b{%}=={""}00-1C-00-00-00-1C{""} {(}@echo OFF{)} Else {(}taskkill /F /IM HmiSmartStart.exe /T{)}" + "{ENTER}")
shell.SendKeys("If {%}b{%}=={""}00-1C-00-00-00-1C{""} {(}@echo OFF{)} Else {(}taskkill /F /IM HmiLoad.exe /T{)}" + "{ENTER}")
shell.SendKeys("Exit"+ "{ENTER}")
Set shell = Nothing
Please comment

Scarch

Re: [?]: WinCC Flexible Project Protection

Post by Scarch » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:37 pm

No way... either you give the file or tell the customer that do not want to do it... if they request you the file, they will be annoying you in case is not working...I mean, better speak clear and say NO