[?]: Troubles with OP5

ProTool, WinCC flexible, WinCC, PP/OP/TP/TD/MP
WH_Mike

[?]: Troubles with OP5

Post by WH_Mike » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:02 pm

Hello!
I have OP5 without COMTEXT source project, but in OP5 there is list of 32 possible alarm messages and 0 (no one) event messages. Main troubles is:
1) Once upon at time OP5 was shown 7 alarms, save them in buffer (don't know how) and after it I can't clear them! Standard metod "Menu->Alarms->Delete" not work nor in Online nor in Offline modes!
After several cycles power off/on count of holded alarms dropped from 7 to 3, and still stay.
This alarms in PLC are realy cleared, couse machine working and if to change OP5 by the same other OP5 panel (copy) it work fine!
2) Time to time by power on OP5 may show list of alarms with unpredictable count and types alarms, not accorded really situation.
This alarms usually cleared by reset alarm cycle in PLC program (by "Reset" button on the machine).
3) Clock in OP5 goes only if power is on. If power off then clock stay holding time and date at power off moment. Is it right? By the way, battery is OK - and testor show it and Battery Test OP5 say the same (3,68 V).

Have anybody suggestion what to do?
In Russian wrote: Привет!
У меня есть панель ОР5 без исходника проекта СОМТЕХТ, но со списком из возможных 32 аварийных сообщений и 0 (ни одного) технологических сообщений. Основные проблемы следующие:
1) Однажды ОР5 показала 7 аварийных сообщений, которые как-то запомнила себе в буфер, откуда я их никак не могу удалить. Стандартный метод "Menu->Alarms->Delete" не работает ни в Online ни в Offline режиме.
Как-то после нескольких циклов отключения/включения питания количество несбрасываемых аварийных сообщений снизилось до трех, которые остались и по настоящий момент.
Эти аварии в PLC реально отсутствуют, так как машина работает, да и если заменить ОР5 на аналогичную из ЗИП (копия), то все работает прекрасно! Только не знаешь чего ожидать.
2) Время от времени при включении питания ОР5 может показать список аварий с неожиданным количеством и типом аварийных сообщений, не соответстующий реальной ситуации. Эти аварии обычно сбрасываются циклом сброса аварий в программе PLC (по нажатию кнопки Reset на машине).
3) Часы в ОР5 ходят только при включенном питании, а при отключении питания останавливаются, но запоминают время и дату на момент отключения питания. Правильно ли это? При этом батарейка в норме - и по показаниям тестера и по результатам теста проверки батареи самой ОР5 (3,68 V).

Есть ли у кого-нибудь предположения как очистить буфер аварий?
:shock:

Scarch

Re: [?]: Troubles with OP5

Post by Scarch » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:46 pm

I found once that problem, alarms were resident somewhere in the OP.By removing the battery the buffer will be deleted. If the alarms appear again, for sure there are active in the PLC.
Second question, the OP5 does not have hardware clock, PLC must send the date and time at any reboot. The battery is only to keep the alarms buffer and the recipes (as far as I remember)

WH_Mike

Post by WH_Mike » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Thanks for attention!
Without battery will be project deleted?
I don't have COMTEXT and backup copy OP5 project file. So I don't like that project in OP5 will be deleted!

Scarch

Post by Scarch » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:42 pm

Sorry for the big delay, I was away
No, removing the battery will not delete the program, only the alarms buffer and the recipes stored in the panel. Note that with Comtext and the right cable you can download the program from the panel and edit it.

WH_Mike

Post by WH_Mike » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:15 pm

Thanks for reply!
Tomorrow I'll try to clear buffer by your metod.
I have COMTEXT downloaded by link from this forum, have the cable that is OK by result of internal test of RS232 OP5,
but can't find the way to upload project or compiled program from OP5 to PC.
When I start COMTEXT it says that it don't see any device or some files.
If needed, later I can post exactly message text.
I had asked technical support Siemens about this ability, but they sayd that OP5 don't support upload ability nor with COMTEXT nor with Prosave.
If they are wrong please show me the way how can I do that.
Thanks before!

Scarch

Post by Scarch » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Simply never listen at siemens "technical explanations", they have never had qualified people and everybody know that. I have made such operation many many times years ago. You just need to find the menu on the OP to set it to transfer mode. Look for such menu, must be there, otherwise there is another method by pushing 3 keys during boot at the same time, but I do not remember which ones right now. In the Comtext you must select transfer and "from OP to HD" or something like that. Of course you also need the cable with the converter V24/TTY, it is not a passive cable

WH_Mike

Post by WH_Mike » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:43 pm

Hi!
Today I suddenly find that tested OP5 was get back to customer. So I still not tried to clear alarm buffer, but I hope to try it in nearly future.
When I had test connection the OP5 with COMTEXT, I was already susessfully set transfer mode in OP5.
Converter V24/TTY <--> RS232 I made myself, so I'm sure that it is active and work fine. OP5 V24/TTY test says OK only if converter and cable is OK.
But now I'm not sure that downloaded COMTEXT is realy COMTEXT, becouse it shows next screens:
Screen1
Screen2
Screen3
May be this is not COMTEXT? If so, can you share with COMTEXT, please?
I was read that for COMTEXT work it is needed installed S5. So I already have installed S5 on my Notebook.
Thanks in advance!

Scarch

Post by Scarch » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:12 am

It is a typical problem of paths/disk access. What version of windows are you running? Under XP I was not able to make it run, I had to create a special boot disquete which decompressed all the Comtext files in a ramdrive, so the program ran from ram and there was space enough to save the file on the disquete itself.
To run comtext do not need to have S5 installed, it can work stand-alone. You better download Vmware workstation 7 and install MSDOS 6.22 and the Comtext in there. This will solve all your problems. Do you have true serial port or are you using some USB-232 converter?

WH_Mike

Post by WH_Mike » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:09 pm

Greatly Thanks!
:P
On my home PC there is several OS installed, managed by SYSCOM.
With Windows based system COMTEXT did not run at any way, but in clear MSDOS 6.22 it realy work! :mrgreen:
To MSDOS run, I have FAT32 on drive "C", so COMTEXT work fine from directory on hard drive "C".
Now there I found needed menus to establish communication and upload program from OP!
On PC and on Notebook there is true COM port. For happyness, I don't need to use virtual COM port USB-232 converters,
and more I don't imagine how it can be under MSDOS 6.22? :roll:
As soon as I get OP5 from my customer, I try to connection with it and after post here about results.
Many thanks for your help!
Good luck!
:wink:

Scarch

Post by Scarch » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:22 pm

If any problem with the OP we'll go on the way again. What part of Russia are you from? I've been there in many places for many years

WH_Mike

Post by WH_Mike » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:23 pm

I'm here agan!
1. Alarm buffer was successfully cleared! Project was not deleted! :D
Only language was changed on deafault (Italiano), but this setting is easy changed (Menu->Special Func.->Diverse->Language)
Great thanks for your advice!
2. Upload project, suddenly, was not made.
In OP5 I set: Menu->Special Func.->Mode->COM TXT->Ready for transfer.
In COMTEXT I set: Transfer TDOP-to-FD.
When start transfer there is message: "Mess.081: Trans. error during COM <-> TDOP transfer"
After several trying of start transfer, PC hang up so hard that it must to be restarted.
OP5 test TTY interface shows that converter work good. COM port monitor found byte "00h" received in COM1 at start OP5 TTY test.
:cry:
Any suggestion?