How to control the properties of many objects in easiest way ?

ProTool, WinCC flexible, WinCC, PP/OP/TP/TD/MP
Alex3110

How to control the properties of many objects in easiest way ?

Post by Alex3110 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:20 pm

Hello everybody !

I use WinCC v.7.4 SP1 Upd9.
I need to monitor and control the settings of 30 analog sensors with a minimal number of Graphical Objects.
All sensors have the same set of attributes, i.e. “L”, “LL”, “H”, “HH” - tags, so I created the WinCC tag structures for them.
I created a “Sensors SetUp” screen (pdl-picture) which is built into the “Picture Window”, which is called up by clicking the corresponding button.
It should be the 30 Text Fields” with the names of all sensors on the “Sensors SetUp” screen.
Also it should be there some Graphic Object (GO) in the shape of a table, which should have 12 cells. 6 - for unchangeable text fields and 6 - for dynamizable tags “L”, “LL”, “H”, “HH”, “Sensor is ON / Sensor is OFF”, “Turn On Sensor / Turn OFF Sensor”.

TASK
It is necessary that after clicking "Text Field" with the name of one of 30 sensors, the 6 tags of the GO could be connected to the correspondent tags of chosen sensor.

Some skilled guys tell me to use the "faceplates".
Some guys say that it is possible to fix a task without "faceplates".
But actually I still have no idea how to do the suggested things to fix a task in the optimal way.

For today I explored "faceplates" and now I have following :
I created a “Faceplate Type” with the name "Sensor.FPT" and inserted the necessary “faceplate tags” there. Then I created a new pdl - picture "Sensor_FP.pdl". I inserted there a “Faceplate Instance” based on “Faceplate Type” with the name Sensor.FPT. Then I created a “Picture Window” object on the “Sensors SetUp” screen and inserted "Sen-sor_FP.pdl" inside. In the properties of the “Picture Window” object, in the "Tag Prefix" attribute I indicated the first part of the name of the sensor structure tag, for example PT01 ( PT01.LL , PT01.L, PT01.H and so on).
It works in RT Ok.

But it only works for one sensor.
If I go this way I need to create more 29 pcs. similar “Picture Window” objects.

But I would not like to go this way cause I hope there is an easier way.
So in order not to create another 29 similar “Picture Window”, I need to somehow dynamize the “Tag Prefix” itself, so that when I click the “Text Field” with the name of a sensor, the name of this sensor is automatically inserted into this “Tag Prefix” .

Is this possible at all ?
If yes, what script is needed for this ?

OR maybe it is not necessary to use the "faceplate" inside the “Picture Window” ob-jects. Maybe the "faceplate" can be placed on the “Sensors SetUp” screen directly ?
Some guys say that “Tag Prefix” can be used not only in “Picture Window”.

Is this possible at all ?
If yes, what script is needed for this ?

Thanks in Advance !