Proficy ME PC with Profibus PCI card - need help with setup

другие контроллеры
fmgst

Proficy ME PC with Profibus PCI card - need help with setup

Post by fmgst » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:17 pm

Given that I:
* have installed Proficy ME PC & View software (9.5 with SIM 30) on a Windows 10 PC
* moved a valid license for PC & View to PC
* installed a working spare Profibus DP PCI board (SST-PB3-PCU, now Molex)[1]
* Using known-good hardware spares, built a copy of one VersaMax backplane complete with PBI001 & 4 other modules, identical as used by our existing system.
* profibus connectors terminated correctly & use minimum recommended length of cable (good quality, Siemens brand).
* I found SST Profibus configuration utility on Molex website (after many hours) and was able to connect to this board and configure slaves info that defines my system. I wrote config to board and can go online with the utility and "see" the particular backplane is alive.
* At this point:
o VersaMax backplane lights green LED for "Network"
o Profibus board LEDs are a solid "green" (because card has valid configuration) & a solid "red" (because I don't have other backplanes).

When I start Proficy ME & create a new project using default template, I CAN ADD a "Profibus IO" to "Control I/O Drivers" and can see & modify board configuration (add slaves, etc).
After I save project and download it to controller, Proficy REFUSES to allow me to edit "Profibus IO" entry (not see "About" or even "Remove" it).

Q1: Does anyone know why this is? Do you see anything I am doing wrong?

Q2: I saw a warning at some point that said IDE is expecting to find "C:\Program Files (x86)\Proficy\Proficy Machine Edition\fxControl\Editors\Drivers\ProfSST0.BSS" - how do I create this file?

Q3: Can anyone give me ANY hints? I am willing to pay for help.

[1] Q4: Does Proficy care which Windows driver for the Profibus Board is installed? Choices seem to be "GE Intelligent Platforms Profibus PB3 PCU Interface" and "SST Profibus PFB3 PCI" drivers. I have tried it both with no changes!

Thank you.