ABB Control Builder M Professional 5.0.2 - licence

другие контроллеры
Snailcz

ABB Control Builder M Professional 5.0.2 - licence

Post by Snailcz » Fri May 13, 2022 12:23 pm

Hello everybody,

I am working on a project where I will update some functionality in older machine. I have to use ABB Control Builder M Professional 5.0.2.
Custommer has on site only one licence which is used in engeneering station and has to stay there (production is running).
I wanted to buy a licence from local ABB guys, but they say that they are not able to sell it to me, because they are not even able to physically create it. (h)

They suggested that I have to upgrade to version 5.1. But they also say, that it can be tricky. And something can go wrong. (h)

So the question is, if somebody knows about how create/copy licence.
It would be great if I can setup server/client configuration and be able to cooperate on this project with my collegue. Otherwise we will have to merge our changes manually.

I was able to copy engeneering station and run it as virtual machine, but this way is not possible to setup in Server/client project development configuration.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks.

ciscoccna

Re: ABB Control Builder M Professional 5.0.2 - licence

Post by ciscoccna » Wed May 18, 2022 12:51 pm

is the cbm with 800xa system, or it is a standalone ccb ?
basically ccb don't need a license

you will need a license if it is in 800xa environment.
It is possible to duplicate a license if it is attached to mac address , else it is no so easy to duplicate a license with hardware dongle key.

another way is try to get temporary license from your friends in ABB

Snailcz

Re: ABB Control Builder M Professional 5.0.2 - licence

Post by Snailcz » Thu May 19, 2022 5:31 am

Hi,

it is a Control Builder with 800xa system.
Sadly, the licence is on hardware dongle key. We were also asking ABB if its possible to change type of the licence from dongle to MAC, but according them its not.

Do you know how the dongle key works? The licence is tight to serial number of the dongle? Or is it possible just make binary copy of the dongle?

Temporary licence is not possible (according to ABB), they even can't sell it.

Thanks.