Mitsubishi Alpha2 unlock

другие контроллеры
SolidRio

Mitsubishi Alpha2 unlock

Post by SolidRio » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:20 am

Hello everyone. Have some troubles with station which working on plc al2-14MR D. I need change one part of the program, but program is protected by password (I cant contact with author of programm). Is there a way of unlocking? I searched the whole Internet, but didnt find method of unlocking(Only for FX series). Password can be typing only in PLC. Thanks in advance.

SolidRio

Re: Mitsubishi Alpha2 unlock

Post by SolidRio » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:31 am

After 2 days of searching - i think it just impossible.

peterg70

Post by peterg70 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:52 am

it depends on the software and connection method.

If the password check is done by entering the password and the password is then compared to the one in the PLC then it can be done.

Your best bet is to grab a serial port logger (if you use serial) and then get the software to the point of entering the password.
Record the serial port (best format is hex)
Enter any password and see what happens.
Then check logfile for your password and see if there is some other text being returned

shev65

Post by shev65 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:21 am

Извиняюсь что поднял старую тему, но для кого то, это может быть важным.
Пароль виден в логе обмена, практически в открытом виде.

I apologize that picked up an old topic, but for someone, it could be important.
Password can be seen in the log exchange, almost in the clear.

goghie

Post by goghie » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:38 pm

It can be done, as I've did it. As already mentioned, you will need some serial monitor software, and best thing is to test it on empty Alpha. Make test app and put some test pass, for example 1234, and download it to Alpha. After that start serial monitor, and try to read your Alpha, but with wrong pass (for example 5678). If you look at serial monitor, you will find at and of received message HEX values 31 32 33 34 , and that is position of real password (write this position)... you will find also as sent message hex 35 36 37 38, that is wrong pass. Mentioned nibbles are maybe rotated, I can't remeber, but I know that nibbles are all together (for example 36 35 38 37)

After that you will need to monitor Alpha with locked app and you will find unknown password.