Iconics Security Login problem:

другие контроллеры
baba1511

Iconics Security Login problem:

Post by baba1511 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:44 am

Please help
I need Genesis32 Iconics Security Login Password for our Mitsubishi PLC.
The Battery ran down and we need User name & password to download the program.
The security software is Genesis32 v7.
Thanks in advance

portoa

Re: Iconics Security Login problem:

Post by portoa » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:57 pm

I need it too.
I also have the problem with Iconics Security Violation. This screen comes up and we cannot use the application anymore.

Thanks. (sos)

amiralwaled

Re: Iconics Security Login problem:

Post by amiralwaled » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:51 pm

KNOWLEDGEBASE ARTICLE KB-1517

Security Server - Access denied from applications even though security not enabled
Issue:
All GENESIS32 applications are giving "access denied" type messages even though security is not enabled. Some example behaviors are:

* GraphWorX32 won't let the user exit runtime or close the application
* All options are grayed out in GenTray
* Configurators (like the AlarmWorX32 Server Configurator) will not open and give an "Access denied" message

These applications (and the login dialog) may appear to freeze for a long time before returning with the "access denied" (or similar) message.

Solution:
1) Go to C:\Program Files\ICONICS\GENESIS32\Bin and double-click on RegistrationContextMenu.reg. Click "yes" and "ok" to the prompts.
2) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\ICONICS. Right-click on security.exe and select "Register Component".

Additional Comments:
Even though security may not be enabled, all GENESIS32 applications still need to check with the security server before they will let the user perform certain actions. If security is not enabled then the security server will just give permission for the user to do anything. However, if the security server cannot be contacted for some reason (such as if it is not registered properly) then the applications will lock down and not allow the user to perform any "secured" actions.