Printing alarms in 800xA with a matrix printer

другие контроллеры
Java_user

Printing alarms in 800xA with a matrix printer

Post by Java_user » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Hello,

I have to print alarms in a Matrix printer. Is it correct to configure the matrix printer under Service structure -> Alarm logger -> Alarm printer group (Service Group) -> Alarm printer (Service Provider) -> Alarm logger (Service Status Object)? The next is an obvious question but I don't know how to answer it. Where do I have to connect physically the printer? Cpuld I connect the USB or parallel port to the Aspect Server or the Connectivity Server or the Engineering Workplace? In case of the Aspect Server I suppose I have to use the primary Aspect Server. Could someone answer these questions?

Thank you in advance. Javier.

st_e_fan

Re: Printing alarms in 800xA with a matrix printer

Post by st_e_fan » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:48 pm

http://www.miraplacid.com/mtd/ much better solution than printing on paper. Tested with 800xA, works fine!

Java_user

Post by Java_user » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:08 pm

st_e_fan wrote:http://www.miraplacid.com/mtd/ much better solution than printing on paper. Tested with 800xA, works fine!
Thank you, but it has to be a physical matrix printer. Otherwise, maybe I could use it while I get the physical one. Does someone know one good physical matrix printer compatible?

st_e_fan

Post by st_e_fan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:50 am

Epson LQ series i have tested with 800xA. Works fine. They are not cheap, but very reliable.

Java_user

Post by Java_user » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:17 pm

st_e_fan wrote:Epson LQ series i have tested with 800xA. Works fine. They are not cheap, but very reliable.
Thank you. And one working of HP brand?

Again, where can I connect the Alarm printer? Must I connect the Alarm printer to the AS or CS Server or I can connect it to any node of the 800xA system?

st_e_fan

Post by st_e_fan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:36 pm

You can connect as you like. It's working in both aspect or connectivity servers..or any node connected to the system and with matrix printer installed on it, configured and set as default. Go to Service structure, Alarm logger service, add service group, add service provider and select the proper computer with printer installed.That's all. (pgood)