[?]: Problem after ABB 800xA workplace installation

другие контроллеры
robferez

[?]: Problem after ABB 800xA workplace installation

Post by robferez » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:31 am

Hi everyone.

I have installed a workplace in a 800xa system (v4.1), using the automated installation with the packages provided by ABB technicians, who have installed the same workplace in another machine.

Everything seems ok (the services, plant explorer, faceplates, etc.), but when I load the workplace itself, particularly when I load some screen, the dynamic points don't really work most of times.
Actually, the workplace "freezes" and I have to end that task.

Have someone any idea what could be the problem? :idea:

I going to check the DCOM configuration of DeviceManagementServer and ABB Fieldbus OPC-Server DA.
I have the suspicion that the configuration recommended by the manual is not the best one, because other workplaces we have here are configured diferently in this point (and maybe in others).

Thanks for any help.

Best regards.

Linkinx64

Re: Problem after ABB 800xA workplace installation

Post by Linkinx64 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:20 am

Hi, robferez

Try restore your plant system backup on virtual PC image from here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12397#p41388
If success - check your 800xA SV4.1 installation.
If problem persist - probably the 800xA SV4.1 backup contain 3rd party elements (e.g. ActiveX controls) that is not installed on your PC.
Could you specify what kind of project do you have (rolling mill, mine automation, oil refinery,..)?

_
Regards, Linkinx64

robferez

Re: [?]: Problem after ABB 800xA workplace installation

Post by robferez » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:55 pm

Hello Linkinx64.

In this case I'm installing a new workplace from scratch, using the System Installation Shell, because we bought a new computer and the backup's we have don't fit in this new hardware (our backup's are ghost images).

The other workstations of the system are working normally.

I guess is probably some configuration or 3rd party missing as you state.

This system controls a pulp and paper mill.

Thanl you for reply.

Best regards.

Linkinx64

Re: [?]: Problem after ABB 800xA workplace installation

Post by Linkinx64 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi robferez

I think you can ask ABB technicians what kind of extensions they used. As far as I know for Pulp & Paper have library that is installed and purchased separately.
Probably problem in there.
Check also MS Visual basic runtime libraries version on your PC and on workstations (msvbvm60.dll in WINDOWS\System32, must be the same version).
Normally restore from backup should not cause such problem...