iFIX -> Run-time error '424': Object required

Прочие SCADA: iFix, InTouch, Citect, ...
dekelec

iFIX -> Run-time error '424': Object required

Post by dekelec » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:49 am

I have a FIX 5.9 Standalone SCADA with GE9 driver, running on Windows 7 Professional SP1 32-bit.
For some reason I can't seem to access (call) the user global variables with VBA anymore, because I keep receiving this error "Run-time error '424': Object required" when running script in Runtime.

I'm upgrading an existing project and in Workspace I have created an additional user variable, written a script and saved it. When testing the changes project, I receive a error "Run-time error '424': Object required". Running the debugger, it indicates a problem with user variable. Suddenly I can't see any global variables (old or new) in VBA script. I can select/use global variables in Expression Builder when editing a picture, while in VBA script for the picture, I don't have access to any global variables. When I open the object list, the "user." object is not even listed. When searching the object browser I only see UserForm. There seems to be a corrupted connection between VBA and Global User variables.

I have tried uninstalling iFIX and removing all previous installation folders before installing iFIX anew, but the problem persists.

Did anyone come across this problem and knows how to fix it without installing Windows OS and rest of the programs again?

dekelec

Re: iFIX -> Run-time error '424': Object required

Post by dekelec » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:10 am

Well, I found a solution! (suc) Since user.fxg and system script weren't accessible, I had to additionally check the reference to user global variables (Menu -> Tools -> References).
By the way, I've submitted a customer registration request to GE support the same day I've written the previous post and I'm still waiting for GE to grant me request. (no)