[?]: Monitor Pro to Vijeo Citect conversion

Прочие SCADA: iFix, InTouch, Citect, ...
YuriRO

[?]: Monitor Pro to Vijeo Citect conversion

Post by YuriRO » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:22 am

Hello everybody!

I have to develop a project with Vijeo Citect using Power Meters (Merlin Gerin - PM 800 series and PM 500) connected to a network of Schneider TSX Premium PLC's. This project is based on one made in Monitor Pro which is running on client's plant. I've tried to start my Vijeo CItect Project from zero. For this I've made a test network using one PM810 and one TSX premium PLC (TSX PSY2600 power source, TSX P57 5634 PLC and TSX SCY21601 communication port for PM800). I have made a program for the PLC using Unity Pro XL and managed to establish a connection between the PM and PLC (I can read values from PLC using Unity Pro and a Unitelway connection). Then using the XIP driver I've established an ethernet connection between the PLC and my computer (when I ping the IP of the PLC, I get 100% response back, with no data loss).

The problem is the Vijeo Citect configuration. I have not managed to read any values from the PM800, even the network is O.K. I have configured the communication parameters in Vijeo using the Express Wizard, and made a Tag with a standard IEC 61131 address. Still #COM error. I'm thinking of bypassing these settings converting the old Monitor Pro project into a Vijeo Citect project, but I don't know how to do that. Can anybody help me with this? Or can someone tell me how to configure the Vijeo Citect communication in order to read the values from the PLC?

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thank you!

Best regards!

pupena_san

Re: [?]: Monitor Pro to Vijeo Citect conversion

Post by pupena_san » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:18 pm

VijeoCitect and MonitorPRO is different software, conversion - not possible.
Use a sheaf VijeoCitect - OFS Server - driver XIP - PLC.

YuriRO

Re: [?]: Monitor Pro to Vijeo Citect conversion

Post by YuriRO » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:29 am

Thank you for your reply! I tried, yesterday, the same configuration and settings on another PC and it worked fine! I didn't use an OFS Server because the people from Schneider told me it's not recommended. And it works without the OFS Server...Instead, when declaring an address for a tag (e.g. %MF312) you have to write it in IEC format (e.g. 30312 for input to SCADA or 40312 for output from SCADA).

Getting the project to work on another PC, I concluded that something was wrong with my computer (having installed 4 or 5 different HMI softwares I think I was having some software and driver conflicts).

About the Monitor Pro -> VijeoCitect conversion, the same people from Schneider told me it's possible, and I even found a forum where someone disscused about this thing, but didn't tell how it is done. Of course the conversion is not 100% ... I'll try to find out more and will post a solution for this problem.

Best regards!