[?]: 1756-ENBT Module Configuration

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
hatemeid

[?]: 1756-ENBT Module Configuration

Post by hatemeid » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:38 pm

What is the configuration parameters of the Rslinx to upload and download the program to control-logix processor using 1756-ENBT ethernet module?

OS_2K

Post by OS_2K » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:42 am

If you want to download and upload program to control logix processor, you need to run control logix 5000 program and then configure with your processor using 1756-ENBT ethernet module.

thanks

hatemeid

Post by hatemeid » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:19 pm

thanks for your reply but how i can make it i have been reached for the following step:
1. Plug laptop into switch.

2. Open Command prompt Window on laptop and ping 90.0.0.1 (which appears on screen of 1756-ENBT module)

3.the results are good then proceed with Opening Rslinx.

4. With RSLinx Open - create a new Ethernet driver.

5. When i configure driver add the IP 90.0.0.1 to the empty list.

6. With the new driver started and running in RSlinx, open the RSwho window.wait for the "red X" to disappear.and it is successful happened (only the symbol of 1756-ENBT appear) and the communication is good.

7. Open RSlogix 5000 and select Communications - Who Active

8. Browse to the PLC and there is nothing. (only the 1756-ENBT module and go-online button is inactive)
then What :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Your cooperation is highly appreciated

neuhauser1234

Post by neuhauser1234 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:51 pm

I guess you're hooking directly to the enbt using a ethernet crossover cable? Have you tried going on line directly to the processor with a serial cable? If you can, add the enbt to the processor io scan list and see if you can browse to it from the processor. If so, try to reconfigure the IP settings through the processor. If all of this works, cycle power and see if you can browse the backplane through the enbt.

hatemeid

Post by hatemeid » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:04 pm

thanks for your reply ,
1-Yes i am using crossover cable.

2-Yes i am succefully can go online directly with processor using serial cable.

and it is already added to processor io Scan list
how can i browse the back plane through the ENBT.
thanks

neuhauser1234

Post by neuhauser1234 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:43 am

The enbt is a "Smart" card as well as all of the control logix IO. All you should have to do is pop the card in the rack, hook up a crossover cable, and set up the correct IP in RSLinx. You can then browse the whole backplane to any card in the rack. You can also drill into any other network card in the rack. If all of this is correct then you have a problem with the card.
There are 2 ways to check the card.
1. Go online with the processor through the serial port. Drill down into the scan list until you find the enbt. If the card has a red x or yellow warning you have a bad configuration. Double click on the icon and a pop-up page will come up. Here you can see and adjust any of the card's properties. Also the status of the card can be seen. If no problems are seen and all of the IP settings are correct, go to the tab with the reset card check box. This will re-boot the card.
2. The enbt has an embedded web page. hook up to the card and open internet explorer. Type in "http://the ip address of the card". A browser page will come up with most of the card's information.

If none of this solves your problem, you probably have a bad card. I have brought them back by flashing the firmware, but it's hit or miss.

O yea. Make sure you have a static IP address assigned to your laptop and in RSLinx's scan list. Linx will go haywire if the laptop address is not static.

Sorry if none of this helps.

Ryzhij

Post by Ryzhij » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:37 am

neuhauser1234 wrote:O yea. Make sure you have a static IP address assigned to your laptop and in RSLinx's scan list. Linx will go haywire if the laptop address is not static.
It's good idea!

And in additional...
Try to set laptop IP address not so far from 1756-ENBT module IP address, and aplay the not so wide subnet mask (255.255.255.0 is more better than 255.0.0.0)

I has cause then we mast take the HUB, becouse simple crossover cable didn't work.

hatemeid

Post by hatemeid » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:50 pm

thanks a lot for your reply , and your cooperation is highly appreciated
i finally connected to 1756-ENBT module but with this problem:
the speed of network browsing is low. i am using the following configuration:

S/W: RSlinx classic 2.5
Driver: Ethernet
Module IP: 90.0.0.1
Computer IP:90.0.0.2
Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0
using direct Crossover cable

So i need to know what is the solution of this problem.
thanks

neuhauser1234

Post by neuhauser1234 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:12 pm

Anyone seen this before? I haven't ever ran into this before. Try pinging the card and see what kinda response you get. Also make sure that another program is not trying to access the web. Check your firewall also. Another thing to check for is another program trying to access the opc driver in rslinx. You can check this under opc/dde. You can monitor all of the traffic across the opc driver. You can also check out the e-net driver. look for a abnormally high number of dropped packets.

If I can think of anything else I get back to you. The problem must be with a program on the laptop, or with a configuration problem in RSLinx. Linx always has been buggy as hell. I've seen times when I've had to blow away all of the driver configuration and start over. Sometimes I've had to stop all of linx's services and delete the Harmony files so they can rebuild. They can get corrupted at times. Worst case, try reinstalling linx.

I hope you're not running linx lite are you?

hatemeid

Post by hatemeid » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:21 pm

Thanks every body
i finally got it
Happy New Year