[?]: Cannot connect to OPC enumeration service RSview SE

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
jap_td03

[?]: Cannot connect to OPC enumeration service RSview SE

Post by jap_td03 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:28 pm

i am using RSview SE. ( Windows XP Pro SP2)
After creating a new project, then add new data server and choose OPC Data Server, i received this error:
OPC Server Installation Warning!
Cannot connect to OPC enumeration service on < my computer name>.

Ensure that all OPC servers are properly installed on that machine. ( error=8000fff)
Can you give me any solutions ? Thanks

Aixm

Post by Aixm » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:55 am

Try this:

1. Click on the Windows Start button and select "Run".
2. In the dialog box, type "DCOMCNFG" and press Enter. This launches the Microsoft Management Console titled "Component Services".
3. Drill down through Console Root-> Component Services and right-click on "My Computer". Select "Properties".
4. Click on the "Default COM Security" tab. Note that for XP Service Pack 2, this is labeled "COM Security".
NOTE: Be advised that changing the default DCOM permissions may have an adverse affects, since this changes the default behavior for ALL DCOM applications, not just certain ones.
5. In the "Default Access Permissions" section, click the "Edit Default" button.
6. If the group "Everyone" is not already selected, click the "Add" button, select "Everyone" and click "Add".
7. Click OK until you return to the "Component Services" screen.
8. Click the plus + sign next to "My Computer" and expand "DCOM Config".
9. Scroll through the list of applications until you find "OPCEnum", then right-click and select "Properties".
10. Go to the "Security" tab and see which radio button is selected - "Use default access permissions" or "Use custom access permissions".
11. If "Use custom access permissions" is selected, click the "Edit" button.
12. If the group "Everyone" is not already selected, click the "Add" button, select "Everyone" and click "Add".
13. Click OK until you have exited DCOMCNFG and reboot.