[?]: PLC5/40E Communication Fault to Simatic FieldPG

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
neziu

[?]: PLC5/40E Communication Fault to Simatic FieldPG

Post by neziu » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:41 pm

Hi to All AB User/s,

I want to learn basic programming in AB plc but the problem is my Company's Siemens Field PG (6ES7710-3DA12-1BE1) cannot communicate in our old factory control AB PLC-5 (1785-L40E/E Rev C01 Series E F/W Rev A).

I already fabricate cable based on the manual/s that I downloaded thru AB website. Cable pin-out for 1784-CP10 and 1784-CP11. I also configure the Switch 1 and Switch to address 1 and RS232C respectively.

When I try to communicate using RSLinx the PLC-5/40E was detected but with faulty as stated. And when I download the program in the PLC using RS5Logix ver 6.2 the timeout was activated because the PLC cannot be detect by the Simatic PG.

Please shed some light for me.

Thanks,
neziu....
Better to give, than to receive.

k66473

Post by k66473 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:05 pm

after reading your arctile several times, I still do not understand your problem.
Maybe you please describe your trouble in more detail and clear.

neziu

Post by neziu » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:45 pm

Hi,

Sorry I can't collaborate my question very clearly because I am not familiar with this Allen Bradley (AB) PLC, Its my first time.

My Company that I work have 3 units of AB PLC which came from its Old plant somewhere else. I try to learn programming from this controller so I download AB software from this site and fabricate a cable, to be able the PC communicate to the PLC.

When I try to write a program to the PLC using the Siemens FieldPG (PC) Communication port 1 connected to Allen Bradley PLC-5/40E (PLC) Channel port 0 by the serial cable that I fabricate. (pinout is based on the AB manual). Error was detected, I cannot go on-line and I also try it on the other one unit, the result is the same.

:x After a very frustrating days of trial and error I try the last one. At last the connection was stablish :D . Wooha! what a relief.
I am just curious :?: , why is the last one unit go on-line the other two cannot? the only thing different between them is the revision, they are all PLC-5/40E, but the last one is rev. E01. the other is C01 and D.

I also have another question: How to communicate Allen Bradley PLC-5/40E to Siemens S7-400 CPU 414-2DP?. Exchanging data, software, hardware configuration, etc.. Is it possible? I use Ethernet protocol Siemens ELS TP40 (link: http://www.automation.siemens.com/net/h ... 40_els.htm).

Again many thanks,
neziu
Better to give , than to receive

neziu

Post by neziu » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:40 am

Hi to ALL,

Can anybody tell if there a software for Allen Bradley PLC, maybe similar to Siemens programming for hardware configuration of device connected to Master PLC via Ethernet, Profibus, MPI or any protocol.

Download this link to get a clear picture of what I am asking: http://www.sendspace.com/file/uj5v0f

Sorry I do not know how to attached picture. :oops:

Many Thanks To You...
neziu
Better to give, Than to receive