UPLODAD FROM CPU

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
PLC_ITA

UPLODAD FROM CPU

Post by PLC_ITA » Mon May 31, 2021 9:02 am

Hello to all, i need a suggest from user group. I'm expert of siemens, but my knoweledge of allend bradley is zero! some years ago I made a small change in a system but with the development station already fully configured.

Now i need to rewamping an old allen bradley system, and change with SIEMENS. Broadly speaking, the logic is known, and I shouldn't have any problems but for safety I would like to download the software from the current Allen Bradley PLC and read some parts if necessary.

The AB plc is Logix 5562 (redundant cpu) and in front of this there is a 9 pin male connector ( like a rs232 )
There are also some card like a controlnet ( 2 card ) and etherntIP card

I would like to know if is possible to upload a software and if possible i would like some suggest about wich software i need.

Thank you to all

psgama

Re: UPLODAD FROM CPU

Post by psgama » Mon May 31, 2021 6:10 pm

You will need RSLogix 5000. You need to know what firmware version installed on the PLC to know what version. This controller shipped with firmware Revision 15 or 16. So download those versions. They will run for 7 days in trial mode, or plenty of Medicine on this forum and others.

Good luck.