New to PLC and need help please

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
Riff-Raff

New to PLC and need help please

Post by Riff-Raff » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:43 am

Hello guys. I would like to ask if someone would mind assisting me in activating RSLogix 5000. I am just starting out and I'm not completely sure where to start. I downloaded RSLogix 5000 v20.04.00. When I install the software it says I have Factory Talk 3.51.00 CPR 9 SR 5.1, RSLogix 5000 20.04.00 CPR 9 SR5 and RSLinx Classic 3.51.01 CPR 9 SR 5.1. I have looked through all 23 pages of the forum and I don't see anything that pertains to what I have. They are somewhat a mess with quite a bit of information scattered about making it hard to figure where things are at and where you saw other info. I either don't have some of the .dll files named or the offsets are incorrect or I can't find an answer to the versions I am using. I have installed and deleted RSlogix several times as well as a few different versions and still no luck. Most of the time I get the nag screen saying the software is not activated and sometimes something about RS5K_700.exe. I have been trying to get this software activated for over a month which is what lead me to this forum. Would someone please offer some help? Thanks to all.

Riff-Raff

Re: New to PLC and need help please

Post by Riff-Raff » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:58 pm

Alright, I was going to edit my last post to update my progress but I have a different question so I figured I would just do another post.
I finally ended up getting RSLogix 5000 v20.04 up and running as well as RSLogix Emulate 5000. (suc)
My question now is, do I need to download other firmware or install other versions of RSLogix to make the software compatible to work with other controllers?
I guess what I'm asking is if the software I have only work with v20.04 projects and controllers since it's at v20.04?
Do I have to download files to make it compatible with other projects and controllers or is that not even possible? Thanks again. :)