plcforum.uz.ua

International PLC Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:59 pm

All times are UTC + 3 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:07 pm 

Hello everyone,

this my project : We have a drive (Altivr61) which command Motor with 4 zones (6 machines in every zone) .
They demand from me to automatise the system by forcing the altivar to start with the machine which produces more garbage.

I started and I created a list of inputs/ouputs , and I used Grafcet graph for describing the cycles by a succession of steps and transisons, actions. But, my big problem is that i don't know how to automatisate this drive (Altivar61) ? how to force it to choose a specific machine ?
knowing that i will do supervision via FactoryTalk view .. i have to use Ethernet/IP ?
Can you help me ? I have to use RSlogix 5000

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:40 am 

im not sure i understand what your trying to do? Are you using one drive to control more than one motor? Could you explain in more detail? I know rockwell very well and im sure i can help but i need to understand the process better first.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:12 am 

dhullett wrote:
im not sure i understand what your trying to do? Are you using one drive to control more than one motor? Could you explain in more detail? I know rockwell very well and im sure i can help but i need to understand the process better first.

let's explain my subject step by step :
1)The drive control one motor
2) this motor aspirate garbages from all machines
3) the responsible make decision to increment/decrement freqency in Altivar61 by knowing the numbers of machines that work (manually operation).
here we will lost a lot of energy, so, my best solution until now is to put a Pressure sensor for every machine (and fix it value) and caculate the total pressure of all machines (work ones) and connect it to PLC (Allen-Bradley), so the PLC control the Altivar61 (via inputs without ).
the problem is that I want create a project in RSLogix 5000 but i didn't know how can I add an Altivar61 ? and how to connect it to PLC ? and for supervision, i will want use FactoryTalk view, but the altivar61 communicate via ethernet/IP , how to make relation between factorytalk and ethenet/Ip or it exists ?! (i didn't use it before) .
So, if somone have another solution fo this problem, or responses to my questions I will appreciate it.
Thank you all

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:57 am 

you use a protocol communication like a ethernet ip or devicenet?? if you use this kind a communication maybe you can control better de drives