Needing expert help in ADD-ON instruction logic

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
iaselim

Needing expert help in ADD-ON instruction logic

Post by iaselim » Tue May 03, 2016 8:26 pm

I’m new in plc programming ,During upgrading our PMS system to rslogix plc system
I Found protected instruction add-on instruction in the program " in link below" ,I broke the protection as mentioned in this website
But I found the following
The instruction get the values of controller audit & serial No.
In addition this instruction is running within six-monthly only
, and need activation code to work forever

Could anyone review this attached add-on instruction to get the activation code?

http://www.4shared.com/file/jLyNdfHWce/ ... nable.html

dhullett

Re: Needing expert help in ADD-ON instruction logic

Post by dhullett » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:54 am

It looks like there checking the activation for a softlogix controller. Is that what this addon was originally in? The serial number of controller is checked and written into an array then compared with other serial numbers then there are a bunch of bitwise exclusive, bitwise or and bitwise opperations executed on the arrays. This is then compared to the Activation Codes Array. If this instruction is giving you trouble you could just take it out of the program. or change the Activation Codes array to match your current activation code that the program is pulling. This should work wether the activation is good or not. Just change the values to be equal. I cant see the tag values for your program because they were not saved with the export of the add on instruction. If you want to upload the tag values i may be able to help more.