Store User Program to Compact Flash Memory Card

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
mhi_rockerz

Store User Program to Compact Flash Memory Card

Post by mhi_rockerz » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:39 am

Dear All Expert,

I try to store the PLC program from the PLC CPU 1756-L61 to Compact Flash memory card 128kB (Part No : 1784-CF128).
After I plug in the memory card at the CPU, I perform the Store procedure according to a manual which have been download from the Rockwell site.
According to the manual, after I online with the controller, then put the controller in Program/Remote Program Mode.
Next, I need to click "Nonvolatile Memory" Tab then must click "Load/Store" button.
However, I can't click the "Load/Store" button as this button become grey (this button is disable).
So I cannot proceed the Store to memory card procedure due to this problem.

Can anyone help me to overcome this problem?

Thank you.

NowanH

Re: Store User Program to Compact Flash Memory Card

Post by NowanH » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:53 pm

Please answer this: are you changing the controller to program while the controller properties window is open?

If the answer is yes, close the controller properties window, be sure that the controller is in program, and open the controller properties again. The button must be enabled now.

mhi_rockerz

Post by mhi_rockerz » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:17 am

I already switch the controller to Rem/Prog mode as mention in the Rockwell Manual.
Is that MUST be in Program mode instead of Rem/Prog Mode?

NowanH

Post by NowanH » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:59 pm

mhi_rockerz wrote:I already switch the controller to Rem/Prog mode as mention in the Rockwell Manual.
Is that MUST be in Program mode instead of Rem/Prog Mode?
If you are using the key, you can return it to Rem/Prog position after switch to Program. You also can use Studio5000 (former RsLogix) to change the controller to Program if the key is in Rem/Prog. Both methods are correct.

The point is:
If you open the controller properties window and try to switch to Program, the windows doesn't update by itself. Your need to close and open the window to enable Load/Store button.

Again:
1. Switch to program.
2. Open the controller properties on RsLogix.

And give us some feedback. A snapshot of the controller properties would be nice.

mhi_rockerz

Post by mhi_rockerz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:02 am

Ok.

I will update any feedback after I done the procedure as you mentioned.
But need to wait to another time as the site is quite far (offshore).
Anyway, thank you very much for your help.