Event logging in Factory Talk View SE v8.0

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
sachincool786

Event logging in Factory Talk View SE v8.0

Post by sachincool786 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:06 am

Dear Experts!!!

I want to log each and every tag if its value changes from the SCADA. Please help me. Please be clear about all the things.

I don't wan to write all the tags in the event server in deviation tab. Its a very long time taking process.

Is there any other way to do it efficiently.

NowanH

Re: Event logging in Factory Talk View SE v8.0

Post by NowanH » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:27 pm

a) To be efficient, FTVSE needs to know what tags are going to be monitored and stored. So you have to provide that information one tag a time. Forget about a "log everything" command: it doesn't exist.

b) I think that "to log each and every tag" is a poor approach. Logging everything is not only a time-consuming task (when you are writing the tags and when somebody has to analyze the information), but it's also a memory-consuming task. And don't forget about the network traffic. The best thing you can do is decide what tags will be useful for you to troubleshoot your process and your logic in the future.

c) Generally speaking, you can log an analog tag like temperature and pressure on a fixed time rate (maybe 5 seconds for temperatures and something lower for pressures). Again you need to analyze each tag and determine how changes over time.