RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
Qamar

1394 Motor drive

Post by Qamar » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:56 pm

I am new in PLC world pls tell me how we connect GML commander with 1394 drive

NowanH

Re: 1394 Motor drive

Post by NowanH » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:50 pm

Qamar wrote:I am new in PLC world pls tell me how we connect GML commander with 1394 drive
Go to Rockwell webpage -> Support -> Product Resources -> Literature Library and download GML Commander Reference Manual (GMLC-5.2-NOV99).

Qamar

Post by Qamar » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:43 am

(thnx)
NowanH wrote:
Qamar wrote:I am new in PLC world pls tell me how we connect GML commander with 1394 drive
Go to Rockwell webpage -> Support -> Product Resources -> Literature Library and download GML Commander Reference Manual (GMLC-5.2-NOV99).
Thanks for reply. I have drive 1394 and also have gml commander but when i make connection between drive and GML command it become connect and then break.

NowanH

Post by NowanH » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:22 am

Go to Rockwell webpage -> Support -> Product Resources -> Literature Library and download GML Commander Troubleshooting Manual (GMLC-5.4-NOV99).

From page 151:
Q: I can’t get GML Commander to come online and communicate with the controller. What is wrong?

A: There are many possible causes for this failure. Some of the more likely causes are:
• GML Commander might be configured to use the wrong serial port or baud rate. To change these settings, select File -> Properties in the Main Menu. In the Properties dialog box, select Configure Interface…, then edit Serial Port and Baud Rate values as necessary.
• Either the cable that connects your PC to the controller or the cable connectors are defective.
• GML Commander and another application on your PC are competing to use the same serial port. This often occurs when a driver, such as a DF1 serial protocol driver, or another application are being loaded by the operating system. Check to see if other drivers or
applications, which use serial communications ports, are loaded or open. If so, temporarily disable the other drivers or close the other applications – one at a time – to see which one of them may be causing the conflict. If the problem persists call Rockwell Automation technical support.