Move RSLogix from virtual machine

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
Jensen-123

Move RSLogix from virtual machine

Post by Jensen-123 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:28 am

Hello everybody, i have rslogix 20.01 enterprise and the emulate software aswell among others..
The problems is that these program are on a virtual disk image i got from my school..

Is it possible to move files and folders and use these programs locally.. ? :)

psgama

Re: Move RSLogix from virtual machine

Post by psgama » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:56 am

Seems like a strange way to try to do things. If you just copied the folders over from a virtual machine, then no. It will not work. Not sure if you downloaded the whole virtual disk file or not? If you have the whole virtual disk why not mount it and poke around in there and see for yourself what you can accomplish. Otherwise, there is many resources and links in this forum to just acquire the softwares you need and activate them for educational purposes of course.

Jensen-123

Post by Jensen-123 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:49 am

I know it seems a bit off, but yes i have the whole virtual disk, and the license and everything is on there.. ! The problem however is that the virtual machine is incredible slow, and it have nothing to do with my computer..

I allocated 8gb ram for it have i7 processor, and it stills runs way too slow for me... !

I have seen the programs on here, but im not sure thats the right version, i recall that the one i have, have something with enterprise in the name.

psgama

Post by psgama » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:30 pm

See your PM