MVI56-BAS Setting

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
ranjithirups

MVI56-BAS Setting

Post by ranjithirups » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:28 am

Hi all,

I am doing migration project SLC with 1746-BAS-5/02 to Controllogix L-72 with MVI56-BAS module. Currently this system reading data from one DCS to send other DCS.

Logic very simple and migrated. I download example program given by MVI56-BAS module combined with migrated logic. after this example program is there any additional setting to be done?.

When power ON PLC in the morning MVI56-BAS is running ok and once power ON & OFF i got error Unconnected Request Timeout.

Pls help me, anyone have idea? pls it s urgent.

Regards,
Thiru

NowanH

Re: MVI56-BAS Setting

Post by NowanH » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:47 pm

1. How many words did you write in Connection Parameters (input, output, configuration)? And Request Packet Interval (RPI)?
2. Where is located the module? In a remote chassis?
3. What is the status of the leds?
4. Can you connect to the module and download any basic application?
5. Was the migration done using the tool provided by Rockwell? Or manually?

ranjithirups

Post by ranjithirups » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:01 am

Hi,

1. input 1 - 32 output 2-32, Configuration 4-0 and RPI-5ms
2.Local chassis only slot no.1 I have only 1756-L72 and MVI56-BAS
3.APP,BP LED is amber, BATT & OK LED is Red PRT 1&2 off.
4.Everyday Morning power ON all LED status ok and I can connect through hyper terminal and i can see output > Ready when press Enter button two times. I didnt download basic program. Once Power OFF and ON i can see the above point.3 and i couldn't connect.
5. Yes SLC to control logix migration tools.

Pls let me know is there any Basic setting to be done? I have download sample program only.

NowanH

Post by NowanH » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:03 pm

According to the User Manual, page 32:
Download the new application to the controller and place the processor in run mode. If all the configuration parameters are set, the module’s Application LED (APP LED) should remain off and the backplane activity LED (BP ACT) should blink rapidly. Refer to Diagnostics and Troubleshooting if you encounter errors. Attach a computer or terminal to PRT1 on the module and look at the status of the module using the Configuration/Debug Menu in the module.
The previous comment only applies when you download the provided application by Prosoft, not your final application.

User Manual, page 200:
(if led Ok is red) The program has detected an error or is being configured. If the LED remains red for over 10 seconds, the program has probably halted. Remove the card from the rack and re-insert the card to restart the module’s program.

(if led BATT is on) The battery voltage is low or battery is not present. Allow battery to charge by keeping module plugged into rack for 24 hours. If BAT LED still does not go off, contact ProSoft Technology, as this is not a user serviceable item.
Some ideas to try:

a) Test the module using the Prosoft application, not your application.

b) Check the jumpers in the Basic module (Do not jumper the Setup pins together unless you are directed to do so by ProSoft Technical Support.)

c) Charge the internal battery (keep the module plugged for 24 hours).

d) Increase the RPI value.

e) Last time I worked with a Basic module was 10 years ago (SLC version). So far I remember, I needed to download an application written in Basic otherwise the module failed. Maybe you need to download any Basic program.