I need help with PLC

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
CyberPla

I need help with PLC

Post by CyberPla » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:00 pm

hello I have a team of Allen-Bradley but the company that was responsible for making the improvements has closed. (sos)
I tried to access the PLC with RSLogix5000 but I have not got, I think he activated some kind of security. (h)
If I could help to take control of the PLC them would be very grateful. (oo)

NowanH

Re: I need help with PLC

Post by NowanH » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:44 pm

You need to give more information. Something like:

a) CPU's model, firmware version.
b) Screenshot of the message you receive when you try to connect to the CPU using RSLogix.

CyberPla

Post by CyberPla » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:20 pm

The PLC is a 1756-L62 not know the firmware.
We have other PLC brands, Schneider, Omron and vipa, and just need to know the IP to program. But AB think it works the other way, I followed the procedure but can not connect, either by searching, I could not find the PLC, but the IP must be configured as it communicates with the HMI by TCP / IP.

I used rslinx, I configured the driver EtherNet / IP communication, I chose the adapter, but to use the RSWho menu, does not show me any.

The truth is that it is the first time I program AB. If I'm not doing something wrong.

NowanH

Post by NowanH » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:42 pm

Some ideas:

a) 1756-L62 has a serial port. You can configure the serial driver (DF1) in RsLinx and try to connect to the PLC. This method only works if the serial port in the PLC application is configured as slave (most of the programmers never touch the default slave configuration).

b) If you are trying ethernet connection I suppose there is a 1756-ENBT or other ethernet communication module on the chassis. Please verify if your ethernet module has a display (the IP address is shown there).

Important: Firmware versions on your PLC and RSLogix5000 have to match. For example, if the PLC has firmware 15.xx, your RSLogix 5000 has to be version 15. In other case, you can not stablish communication between the PLC and RsLogix, even if your are using a newer version of RsLogix.