Trouble with FT View Security

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
leocdms

Trouble with FT View Security

Post by leocdms » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi y'all !!

I was wondering if someone more experienced could help me to understand what am I doing wrong.
Well, at first the job was merely download a application to the HMI. I was given the APA not the MER application.

So as you know, I had to restore the APA so I could compile the RunTime application. Apparently there was no problem with that.
I was informed that it was a 7.0 application but during the restore procedure it came out to be a 6.1. So I needed to upgrade it. But again no prob with that.

I compiled the MER and downloaded it. But before download I upload a backup file just in case.
When testing it I figure out that all system security was bugged. None user and password worked.
Then I tried one of the users I had on the System folder just as a mere try and worked. So I figured out the RunTime application got the ft view system security and lost its own.

I downloaded the backup file and tested it, all working as it was supposed to.

Having said that. I am wondering if every time I have to restore someone else application I have to rebuild the system security.

I am not sure if I was clear enough. Please tell me if you need any more detaled information.

Thanks in advance !!

psgama

Re: Trouble with FT View Security

Post by psgama » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:00 am

Yes. I've noticed when re-building a project file and updating versions I've had torecreate the users in the project into your own FT View Studio Project File. At least that's the only way I've ever been able to get someone else's project to work correctly after rebuilding the project without the project file from an older version. IE A compressor panel had an Operator and a Administrator Account. If I re-created the runtime from my new project file, the accounts were un-usable. I had to re-create the users in FT Security and then rebuild the MER.