[?]: Factory Talk View ME crashes on user login

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
vjmajembe

[?]: Factory Talk View ME crashes on user login

Post by vjmajembe » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:12 am

I came across a new problem to me and it's very difficult to debug it.
I'm using FTView ME 8.0 runtime app on Widows7 SP1 industrial PC.
When I use log-in button to access some hidden options in HMI 9 out of 10 it will take 3-5 seconds but it eventually show hidden content.
Once in a while after filling the login details (user/password) and hitting 'ENTER' button the screen will just stay there frozen.
When I kill the MEruntime.exe process manually thru task manager I'm unable to load the software until PC reboot.
The mer file was created by FTV studio ver 6.10 but I tried ver 7.0 and issues is still there. The windows is up to date with all the hot fixes.
I'm running another software in the PC to control ABB robots called PIckMaster but I don't thing there would be any conflict between them.
I'm running out of ideas and what makes it even worse is the fact that for a day or two everything would be fine so the occurrence is very random.
If anyone came across the same problem please let me know.
I have wasted too much time on it now and my head is completely wrecked

psgama

Re: [?]: Factory Talk View ME crashes on user login

Post by psgama » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:06 am

Have you tried to delete the user in your project and re-create the user with the same credentials and password? Might be something going on with your user account maybe? Or maybe try adding another user that has the credentials to access the hidden options in the project and using that logon. Very odd problem regardless.