RSLogix 5000 - error: failed to go online with the controlle

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
schmty

RSLogix 5000 - error: failed to go online with the controlle

Post by schmty » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:31 am

Gents,
I've installed RSLogix 5000 V20, RSLogix 5000 Emulator V20 and RSLinx Classic V3.6 on window 7.
Everything is configured correctly and seems to work fine when I check "Who is Active". But when I try download and then "go online", I get the following error.
failed to go online with the controller. Unknown application framework subsystem error
When I open the help file, I find this:
You requested to go online with a controller of a type that is no longer supported. You can only go online with supported controller types.

I have tried to resolve it but I have not been able to.

Appreciate your help please.

Thanks.
(sos) (sos) (sos) (sos) (sos) (sos) (sos)

schmty

Re: RSLogix 5000 - error: failed to go online with the contr

Post by schmty » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:13 am

Anyone please help. I'm sure this problem is common.
(oo) (oo) (oo) (oo) (oo)
(h) (h) (h) (h)

duckman

Post by duckman » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:42 am

I would suggest the problem is as stated. You are trying to connect to a CPU that is not covered in software. Confirm by looking at what controllers you can write a program for with V20 and conform it is the same controller you are trying to communicate with.

NowanH

Post by NowanH » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:57 am

schmty wrote:Anyone please help. I'm sure this problem is common.
I don't think so. In fact, this is the first time I read about that kind of problem.

You are trying to download an application to RSEmulate 5000 v20 using RSLogix 5000 v20 and the software says that the controller is no longer supported. Since I don't know if you have other software that can interferes with Rockwell software or the procedure you used to activate the software, you could try installing RsLogix, Emulate and RSlinx in other computer. Also you can try deleting all the drivers in RSLinx and programming only the Virtual Backplane.

By the way, what kind of controller you declared in your application? You have to use Emulator (the last one in the list).

schmty

Post by schmty » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:16 pm

Thanks Gents,
I have set up the emulator as shown on the screen damp below.

Also, I can see the anti-virus icon attached to the icon of emulator - see below

Could that be the problem?