Panelview plus6 1000 HMI tag

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
sandumon84

Panelview plus6 1000 HMI tag

Post by sandumon84 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Hi experts,

I have just got an HMI backup. When I am checking some display parameters I found some tag like "#1.ch0data" I would like to know what is it meant by as I am new to rockwell please give me some ideas.

Thanks
sandy

NowanH

Re: Panelview plus6 1000 HMI tag

Post by NowanH » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:51 am

"#1" is a tag placeholder than can be replaced dinamically with any "real" tag. Suppose you have several areas in a process and you want to represent those areas in a panelview:

a) In the traditional way, you create the first display and populate it with tags. Then you duplicate that display and change the tags.
b) Using tag placeholders, you only have to create one display and put tag placeholders inside. When you want to visualize a particular area then you only need to replace dinamically all the tags. In order to do that you need to feed the display with a list of parameters where you indicate something like:

#1 = real_tag1
#2 = real_tag2, and so on

This list can be part of the navigation button's properties used for invoking the display or can be a referenced text file.
In your example, I'm thinking that "#1.ch0data" is used to represent an analog channel. In that case, when you invoke the display the literal #1 is replaced by an analog card tag:

#1.ch0data ---> analog_card_tag.ch0data
#1.ch1data ---> analog_card_tag.ch1data
#1.ch2data ---> analog_card_tag.ch2data

If you use other list of parameters you'll get the same display but different tag. By example:

#1.ch0data ---> other_analog_card_tag.ch0data
#1.ch1data ---> other_analog_card_tag.ch1data
#1.ch2data ---> other_analog_card_tag.ch2data

sandumon84

Re: Panelview plus6 1000 HMI tag

Post by sandumon84 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:10 am

Thank you nowan

appreciated your way of explanation

Thanks again