plcforum.uz.ua

International PLC Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:52 am

All times are UTC + 3 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:05 pm 

Dear all,
I would like to know if I can use powerflex700s drive series A in a place of series B and vice-versa.
Looking for some info I got that series A have a Standard and Vector Control Firmware 3.001 and Below
and Series B Firmware Versions 4.001 & Up.
Based on other drivers I would say that newer firmware versions could replace older firmware versions,
but I am not an expert on Rockwell so if someone does have some relevant info do add , I would be gratefull
for that.
Regards,
MTE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:45 pm 

Well ,
It seems that nobody has any answer about it , but if someone find out I tip, clue or any information about it , please let me know.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:40 am 

You can use the A but the firmware isn't compatible- meaning you might have to re-enter the parameters. The B cartridge will work in the A and vice-versa but the drive will have to be reset to factory after the cartridge is changed. You'll also loose a lot of features with the A.

If it's a basic drive setup you shouldn't have any issues. There are differences in the I/O wiring between the rev A and B cartridges so check it because both use the same wiring connector. I think between the A and B there are 4 or 5 different types of cartridges with the B series only being sold now for both the A and B series drives.

If you're using encoders, comm cards, or special applications with positioning you might be out of luck.