[?]: unpassword RSlogix 500

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
singleperson

[?]: unpassword RSlogix 500

Post by singleperson » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi mate,

Could you help me to remove password to open program?

I find in controller properties:
Password to open
Master Password
Subroutine Protection Password ---> My program is lock this subroutine

Please help me. thanks so much

singleperson

Re: [?]: unpassword RSlogix 500

Post by singleperson » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:52 am

Hi All,

I find some information in help file.
Subroutine Protection Password
The MicroLogix 1400 has a Locked Ladder File (View Disable) feature that allows a ladder file to be protected from viewing if a user does not have the correct password. The View Disable feature can be applied to an existing ladder file or one that is just being created.

A ladder file can be locked by using the View Disable check box on either the Program File Properties dialog box (for an existing file) or the Create Program File dialog box (when creating a new ladder file). The View Disable feature is cleared by default. Check the box to lock the ladder file.

The View Disable parameter must be cleared manually regardless of the status of a password. Deleting the password will not automatically clear the View Disable parameter.

The password can be configured in two ways: on the Passwords tab of the Controller Properties dialog box or on the Ladder Lock Password Configuration dialog box.

Editing the Subroutine (ladder file) Protection Password
Note: If no subroutine protection password is defined, the Remove button in the Subroutine Protection Password area of the display will be unavailable.

Establish a Subroutine Protection Password
Double-click the Controller Properties icon in the project tree.

Click the Password tab.

Optional: If no passwords currently exist and you want the password encrypted to increase security, select Encrypt Password.

Type a password in the New text box under Subroutine Protection Password.

If Encrypt Password is not selected, enter a numeric password of up to 10 digits.

If Encrypt Password is selected, the password can contain numbers (0-9), upper case letters (A-Z) and lower case letters (a-z). The password must contain at least one letter.

Type the password again in the Confirm text box.

Click Apply or OK.

Change a Subroutine Protection Password ---> this is my problem

Click the Password tab.

In the Authorization text box enter the current password or master password proving that you have the proper authority to make this change.

Optional: If no passwords currently exist and you want the password encrypted to increase security, select Encrypt Password.

In the New text box under Subroutine Protection Password, type the new password that you want to define.

If Encrypt Password is not selected, enter a numeric password of up to 10 digits.

If Encrypt Password is selected, the password can contain numbers (0-9), upper case letters (A-Z) and lower case letters (a-z). The password must contain at least one letter.

In the Confirm text box type the new password again to confirm it.

Click OK.

Delete a Subroutine Protection Password

Click the Password tab.

In the Authorization text box enter the current password or master password proving that you have the proper authority to make this change.

Click the Remove button in the Subroutine Protection Password area of the display. (If the Remove button is unavailable, no Subroutine Protection Password is defined.

Click OK.

The View Disable parameter must be cleared manually regardless of the status of a password. Deleting the password will not automatically clear the View Disable parameter.

Opening a locked file:
When you attempt to open a locked file (indicated by the icon) you will be prompted to enter the password:

Enter the password in the Enter Subroutine Protection Password field and then click OK.

Select the Remember Password check box if you do not want to enter your password again when you open the protected file on this computer