[?]: rs linx run problem????

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
coolpratik2

[?]: rs linx run problem????

Post by coolpratik2 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:50 pm

hello friends...i installed windows xp professional xp2 after my previous one crashed,,,now i installed rs linx professional...but whenever i start the rs linx it shows the error..."rslinx communication server has encountered a problem and need to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience." and same problem occured for rs logix 500. is any buddy have any idea???

dehell

Re: rs linx run problem????

Post by dehell » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi,
This problem appear :
- when you install Rockwell automation software using different language (use only english!!!) for example do not install RSLogix 5000 english V11 and then french version V16!!!!
- When the version of the différent software are not good (take care of RSLinx!!!)
What are the version of your installed software?
Best regards

coolpratik2

Re: [?]: rs linx run problem????

Post by coolpratik2 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:09 pm

hey i tried RSLinx.2.43.CPR6.Professional and rslinx lite2.50..but both will show the same error...and my rslogix 500 will also show that error..but when i run rslogix micro..it will run...how can i remove that error...i didnt have sql server in my pc.and java too....

coolpratik2

Post by coolpratik2 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:57 am

hy frieds please if any buddy know then help me...if this problem can remove by changing windows then suggest me...i ma unable to run my softwares...plesae help me

neuhauser

Post by neuhauser » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:43 pm

What other software are you running?
What version of RSLogix 500?

A couple of known problems known are:
DDE calls from EXCEL will crash RSLinx
Corrupt harmony.RSH file will crash RSLinx - Stop the RSLinx service, search for "harmony.RSH" and delete the file, restarting linx should work but best to re-start the system.

I've seen a corrupt EVRSI.SYS activation file cause Rockwell software to crash. Might be the case with coolpratik2 since mini will run. Use evmovecf and move the activation to a flash drive. Delete any other evrsi.sys or evicom.sys files on all drives (will be in the drive root) and try another activation (A Rockwell master activation can be found on the forum)