[?]: Is it possible to data-logging in excel time-stamp?

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
pmmdavid

[?]: Is it possible to data-logging in excel time-stamp?

Post by pmmdavid » Mon May 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Hello all, (sos)

i would like to request samples and any support document from all senior engineer about time stamping in excel datalogging (read from Rs5k). is it possible to do that? i just read this forum topic (Reading data to Excel)and i follow their instruction and do it. i also can read rs5k data to excel sucesssful. thanks a lot and appreciate for this topic and forum moderator. so anybody can help us to data logging in excel with time stamping? (tyou) thanks in advance,,,,,

with thanks and regards, (sos)

D3V17

Re: request: Is it possible to data-logging in excel time-st

Post by D3V17 » Wed May 19, 2010 4:50 am

Hi, yes it is possible.
You have to create a Dint tag (example My_Time_Stamp[7]) that is minimum 7 words long,
and then use the GSV (Get System Value) function to 'COPY' the WallClock DateTime value to the tag you created.
Check the instruction help section for specifics - I don't have RsLogix at home.
Also, the date and time in the PLC has to be the same as the real world, then you can just use the OPC stuff as you are already doing to read your tag values into excel.
Note, the 7 words are for Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute, Second, Fractional Seconds.

Best of Luck.

Peace.

dehell

Post by dehell » Wed May 19, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi,
It is more easy to use a data logger software.
Follow this link:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=8594&p=33795&hilit ... ger#p33795
enjoy

pmmdavid

Post by pmmdavid » Thu May 20, 2010 5:16 am

Hello dear,

thanks for your help and show me a way to do datalog, really appreciate for your time (sos) . but now when i use opc datalogger, i cann't see rslinx opc server driver in available opc driver list. i only can see exor opc server and simatic protool opc server. so how can i configure to see rslinx opc driver in progid views. please reply me. thanks in advance.... (oo)

thanks a lot to all especially dehell

dehell

Re: [?]: Is it possible to data-logging in excel time-stamp?

Post by dehell » Thu May 20, 2010 5:28 pm

Hi,
You must use RSLinx PRO or Gateway. RSLinx lite don't working.
Regards