[?]: how to use emulator AB

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
wahyudi_bc212

[?]: how to use emulator AB

Post by wahyudi_bc212 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:05 am

Hi I am new using PLC AB, before i using Twido by schneider.
now i want to start learn about AB.
does any one have tutorial or document about communication using Rs Emulator,
or i can say how to configuration between PLC AB and RS Emulator.
Thanks for the attention...
i really need this cos i had new project using AB PLC. :|

neuhauser1234

Post by neuhauser1234 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:53 pm

Think I can help you. First there are differences in the emulators so I'll go through each one- may be useful to someone else. Each one does require RSLinx to be installed and you will need the RSLogix programming soft to do anything with it. All edits have to be made OFFLINE then downloaded. Programs can be uploaded and saved. You will not be able to address real-world inputs and outputs so you will have to keep this in mind when testing your programs. Also Message Instructions do not work. You can access data tables in the emulators using DDE or OPC.

1. Emulate 500.
Programming - RSLogix 500.
In RSLinx go to the Communications tab then "Configure Drivers". At Available Driver Types select "SLC500 (DH+485) Emulator" and click "Add New". A box will pop up and here you can change the station ID and the station node if you want. Click OK. You should see the driver running. Now if you don't already have a test program, open RSLogix 500 and create one. Set the communication link to the driver you set up in RSLinx. The CPU can be any type. Do not add any I/O to the project. Save the project when you're finished and start up Emulate 500. Click "File Open" and load the project you just saved. Open RSLinx and open "Who Active". You should see your PLC under the emulator driver. Now in RSLogix 500 you should be able to go online and set the PLC in run mode.

2. Emulate 5. The setup is the same except in RSLinx the driver will be
"PLC5 (DH+) Emulator".

3. Emulate 5000. Same as above except the driver will be
"Virtual Backplane (SoftLogix 58xx)" and you will have to setup a PLC in the virtual 5000 chassis. You can setup a virtual simulator input card in one of the slots but I have not found them very useful. You can write code that will do a better job at testing. If you do add a simulator I/O you will have to add it in your I/O list in your project and addressing will have to be configured.

Hope that you find any of this useful.
neuhauser1234