plcforum.uz.ua

International PLC Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:30 am

All times are UTC + 3 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:36 pm 

Hi,
I need get some data from a Omron PLC, model SYSMAC C200HX, this is an old plc that only have a serial port RS-232C. The fact is I need to convert and pass the serial data to ethernet/ip (from the plc to the pc). For this I found the advantech device ADAM-4571 that can get the data from serial (RS-232 and RS-485 and RS-422) and pass into ethernet/ip. The pc will have a OPC Server that will map the ip. In theory I think this can work, but could happen some complications? or the data will not be corrupted? Someone can share any experience in a similar case?.

Thanks an regards.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:05 pm 

plaracFD wrote:
Hi,
I need get some data from a Omron PLC, model SYSMAC C200HX, this is an old plc that only have a serial port RS-232C. The fact is I need to convert and pass the serial data to ethernet/ip (from the plc to the pc). For this I found the advantech device ADAM-4571 that can get the data from serial (RS-232 and RS-485 and RS-422) and pass into ethernet/ip. The pc will have a OPC Server that will map the ip. In theory I think this can work, but could happen some complications? or the data will not be corrupted? Someone can share any experience in a similar case?.

Thanks an regards.

Most of the problems you can find are related to the parameters of serial/ethernet sections. You need to double check the serial parameters in the PLC and the gateway (Advantech module).

I implemented this kind of solution in other architectures using a Lantronix device:

http://www.lantronix.com/products/xpres ... ss-dr-iap/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:56 pm 

Hi, after you configured your Lantronix device, Did you have any problem with corrupted data? or everething works fine after the configuration of your device?,

NowanH wrote:
plaracFD wrote:
Hi,

Thanks an regards.

Most of the problems you can find are related to the parameters of serial/ethernet sections. You need to double check the serial parameters in the PLC and the gateway (Advantech module).

I implemented this kind of solution in other architectures using a Lantronix device:

http://www.lantronix.com/products/xpres ... ss-dr-iap/