[?+]: Temperature control with Siemens

SIMATIC S7-200/300/400, Step7, PCS7, CFC, SFC, PDM, PLCSIM,
SCL, Graph, SPS-VISU S5/S7, IBHsoftec, LOGO ...
PLC_ITA

[?+]: Temperature control with Siemens

Post by PLC_ITA » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:41 am

hello friends, One years ago, my collegues tell me that simatic have a specific Fb standard to realize a pid control temperature ( not fb41 ).
Now i need to control a temperature into a furnace whit 1000 °C and a relative ramp of heating. Is necessary to haven't a overshoot over 20-30 °C when the setpoint is reached .
Note : all the process is very slowly .
If i use a standard pid the integral action is not good for my application and if i use also a derivate action i have a sinuosoidal movement.

Anyone know if exist this fb fr the temperature control and where i can find it ?

Anyone have a suggest for me ?

Thank a lot !!

Schtiel
Site Admin

Re: Temperatre contro whit Siemens

Post by Schtiel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:09 am

PLC_ITA wrote:a specific Fb standard to realize a pid control temperature ( not fb41 ).
May be FB 58? See 'Simatic Temperature Control' in the documentation folder.

Umencho

Re: Temperatre contro whit Siemens

Post by Umencho » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:10 am

Hi

Look also sample program zEn01_13_STEP7_PID-Temp in Simatic Manager. :roll:

regards

hoangnguyen1986

Post by hoangnguyen1986 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:50 pm

I think that we have two ways for this application:
1. Use FB58 together with DB58 (for storage data) => simply
2. Use FB41 coporation with FB43 => more complicate
but i suggest that u should use FuzzyControl with S7-300, with fuzzy controller u can have a efficiently system for Temperature Control and it's very flexible for this application.
best regard!

JNic

Re: [?]: Temperatre control with Siemens

Post by JNic » Sun May 09, 2010 9:05 pm

Is your sinusoidal movement constant in amplitude?
If yes, try to decrease derivative component and see what happens. My opinion is that you will have a sinusoidal action with a lower amplitude.
Tune the PID regulator until it reaches your accepted sinusoidal movement.

From my experience I can tell that for temperature control is recommended to use PI controller, but there are cases which require PID controller. In that "special" cases is better to have a "small" amount of derivative action, otherwise the process tends to be oscilatory.

Scarch

Re: [?]: Temperature control with Siemens

Post by Scarch » Fri May 14, 2010 8:20 pm

The FB41 should be OK, I use it for extruders with very good results, but there are several parameters to set. The derivative action must be set completely ZERO for this aplication, only work with PI. Only have heating or heating and cooling?

Scowl

Post by Scowl » Mon May 17, 2010 3:50 pm

Scarch wrote:The FB41 should be OK, I use it for extruders with very good results, but there are several parameters to set. The derivative action must be set completely ZERO for this aplication, only work with PI. Only have heating or heating and cooling?
Do you use it for the temperature controller or for the pressure controller too?
Last edited by Scowl on Tue May 25, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PLC_ITA

Post by PLC_ITA » Sat May 22, 2010 8:18 am

my problem was in a very very long time to response from field. ( some case also 2-3 hour ) In this case the integral action accumulate a high value.
I had solve my problem with a integral limitation, and inserted a big gain.

for pressure control the FB41 are excellent !

spryice

Re: [?+]: Temperature control with Siemens

Post by spryice » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:24 am

PLC_ITA wrote:hello friends, One years ago, my collegues tell me that simatic have a specific Fb standard to realize a pid control temperature ( not fb41 ).
Now i need to control a temperature into a furnace whit 1000 °C and a relative ramp of heating. Is necessary to haven't a overshoot over 20-30 °C when the setpoint is reached .
Note : all the process is very slowly .
If i use a standard pid the integral action is not good for my application and if i use also a derivate action i have a sinuosoidal movement.

Anyone know if exist this fb fr the temperature control and where i can find it ?

Anyone have a suggest for me ?

Thank a lot !!
I have done a lot of projects, which apply siemens s7 to fulfill temperature control strategy, you can contact me if you need help.
my email: lazysy@gmail.com