[?]: How config PLCSIM to simulate CFC program ?

SIMATIC S7-200/300/400, Step7, PCS7, CFC, SFC, PDM, PLCSIM,
SCL, Graph, SPS-VISU S5/S7, IBHsoftec, LOGO ...
bithu

[?]: How config PLCSIM to simulate CFC program ?

Post by bithu » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:36 am

when I program with CFC, I want to test with a simulator, but I can't find any simulator. does CFC has simulator like PLCSIM in step 7?

could I config PLCSIM to simulate CFC program? :shock:

krcedinac

Post by krcedinac » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:24 am

Hello,

When you download S7 program to PLCSIM you also download CFC charts and you can test it on line (in simulator of course).

Regards

dante

Post by dante » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:49 am

CFC has nothing special... it is only another way (graphic) to represent and/or generate blocks. Of course, there are slight differences, (blocks are compiled with SCL, blocks are not executed every PLC scan, etc), but you don't see that differences. You have only to download the charts into the PLCSIM and start monitoring...
If you are curious you can also open that blocks in STL...
And take care of the execution order of the blocks inside the chart!!!

bithu

Post by bithu » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:33 am

Thank

bithu

Post by bithu » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:10 am

When downloading, I found a new problem.

error msg pops up:

error 1805
No access to PCMCIA Subsystem.

Help message let me install a suitable PCMCIA or MMC socket to my PC, but I have no all the hardwares. I just want to simulate.

Need your help........ T_T

krcedinac

Post by krcedinac » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:54 pm

Hello,

I am a little bit confused.... what do you actualy want to do? Download to PLCSIM ( PLC simulator) to test or download to real PLC in order to test your CFC application. If it is PLCSIM you do not need PCMCIA or other adapter. If you want to do it with real PLC you need to set PG/PC connection if the adapter is alredy instaled. If not you need to do it first...
Please be more specific if you want someone to help you :)

dante

Post by dante » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:44 pm

you have to install the PLC simulator and licence. This simulator runs in the memory of your PC and acts like a real connected PLC; so U don't need any communication adapter; when you download the project use the MPI address of the simulator. and don't forget to start the simulator before downloading.

bithu

Post by bithu » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:47 am

krcedinac wrote:Hello,
I am a little bit confused.... what do you actualy want to do? Download to PLCSIM ( PLC simulator) to test or download to real PLC in order to test your CFC application. If it is PLCSIM you do not need PCMCIA or other adapter. If you want to do it with real PLC you need to set PG/PC connection if the adapter is alredy instaled. If not you need to do it first...
Please be more specific if you want someone to help you :)
I want to totally simulate. So it is PLCSIM.

HWconfig: S7-400_FM458_....
CFC is in the FM458, compile no error, only download error screenshot below:
dante wrote:you have to install the PLC simulator and licence. This simulator runs in the memory of your PC and acts like a real connected PLC; so U don't need any communication adapter; when you download the project use the MPI address of the simulator. and don't forget to start the simulator before downloading.
I have installed PLCSIM with licence. PLCSIM played well before.I have simulated many S7 programs.

bithu

Post by bithu » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:53 am

In PLCSIM manual, I found something below:

S7-PLCSIM also has the following differences to a "real" automation system:

Diagnostics buffer: S7-PLCSIM does not support all error messages that are written in the diagnostics buffer. For example, messages about empty batteries in the CPU or EEPROM errors cannot be simulated. However, most I/O and program errors can be simulated.
When you change the operating mode (e.g. from RUN to STOP), the inputs and outputs are not put into a "safe" state.
Function modules (FMs) are not supported.
Point-to-point communications (e.g. between two S7-400 CPUs on the same rack) are not supported.
S7-PLCSIM supports four accumulators like a S7-400 CPU. In some cases a program running on S7-PLCSIM with four accumulators might behave differently than on an S7-300 CPU that only has two accumulators.

Maybe that's the answer. PLCSIM can't simulate FM458 module...
Another question, which module should I choose to test CFC program in simulator?

dante

Post by dante » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:28 am

That's for sure the right answer. Not all modules can be simulated (especially the "time-critical" ones like communication modules, for example).

dante

Post by dante » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:39 am

You do not need a module to simulate CFC. As long as the simulator is never linked to the real process, you do not need special modules. All the simulation take place in the RAM memory of your PC. You must simulate (give values to) all inputs used in the program.
You cannot simulate PROCESSES. You will simulate ONLY the S7 PLC, NOT field equipmet
Besides, you cannot link the simulated PLC to the real process.

PLCSIM simulates ONLY the PLC functionality.

bithu

Post by bithu » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:09 am

Totally thanks above!