[?]: S7-300 not reachable in Run mode

SIMATIC S7-200/300/400, Step7, PCS7, CFC, SFC, PDM, PLCSIM,
SCL, Graph, SPS-VISU S5/S7, IBHsoftec, LOGO ...
vitor

[?]: S7-300 not reachable in Run mode

Post by vitor » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:45 pm

Hello everybody,

Hope someone help me with this problem.

I have one PLC that is in running mode and it's in the internal network.
I can reach all the other PLC's in the project, but this one appears gray.
I tried TCP/IP and with the MPI Cable but gives me error.
If I put the CP343-1 módule in stop I can reach the PLC with the MPI cable and via TCP/IP.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to solve it?

sania
Site Admin

Re: [?]: S7-300 not reachable in Run mode

Post by sania » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:01 am

in netpro mpi-slot connected to network?
if not, try to connect

georg_demmler

Post by georg_demmler » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:49 pm

Hello,

to give a good answer is very difficult with this information - I give you the bone look for the meat.

You write "it is in the internal network" - what for a networt profibus - profinet.
Is the s7-300 a standalone plc or are more PLCs in the network.
You write you can not reach the plc with MPI - is the MPI cable direct connected with the plc?
Is the MPI-cable a USB-Cable with a converter?
You write - you have a CP343-1. What is the IP-Adress of the CP343-1. Is the ping sucessful to the plc.
How can you stop a CP343-1? Is there a switch?
If you use the CP343-1 for your plc you need a MPI-Connection to put it in the hardware.

We will help you but I need a little more detailed information or drawings or photos.

Thanks

Georg

vitor

Post by vitor » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:55 pm

Hello and thank you in advance.

The answer to these questions are:

You write "it is in the internal network" - what for a networt profibus - profinet. --- It's a profinet network.
Is the s7-300 a standalone plc or are more PLCs in the network --- I have 10 PLC's in the network and two of them have this problem. One is a PLC with profinet integrated in the CPU the other don't have thats why we are using a CP343-1 módule.
You write you can not reach the plc with MPI - is the MPI cable direct connected with the plc? --- Yes. But using the converter. In the PLC with the CP343 módule if I stop the CP módule i can reach using the MPI or via TCP IP. When I turn on the CP módule the CPU stays unreachable. The PLC with the profinet integrated I can reach only if i stop the CPU
Is the MPI-cable a USB-Cable with a converter? --- Yes It is.
You write - you have a CP343-1. What is the IP-Adress of the CP343-1. Is the ping sucessful to the plc. --- I can ping the CP343-1 but when I try to go online appears a message saying that cannot reach the módule.
How can you stop a CP343-1? Is there a switch? --- Yes. Have a switch. ON/OFF.

It's very strange. I can ping both devices. In the project if I go online I can see all the PLC's and theese two stays gray out.

Thank you one more time.

Vítor

sania
Site Admin

Post by sania » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:37 am

disconnect the plc from network and try connect directly to him over the cp in run.
do you have a send/receive or put/get between plcs?
all of plcs in one or separate project?
step7 or tia?

georg_demmler

Post by georg_demmler » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:24 am

Hello,

good question - TIA or Step7

Which type of PLC has a integrated Profinet - S7-300 need always a CP - I think there is no S7-300 with an integrated Profinet.

How can you reach a CPU if its stop with MPI and TCP - It makes no sense - MPI is Profibus and it is integrated in the PLC and Profinet runs over the CP.

Come the unreachable situation in the last time or happens all the time - did you make the project?

What are all the IP-Adresses of the PLCs.

It is possible to make a dokument with pictures so we can find out what happens.

Thanks

vitor

Post by vitor » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am

Hello,

Thanks again for your help.
disconnect the plc from network and try connect directly to him over the cp in run. --- Right now I'm not in the plant but I think I did that. That way I can reach the CPU. But I'll check again to be sure.
do you have a send/receive or put/get between plcs? --- We have put and get between PLC's.
all of plcs in one or separate project? I have 6 PLC's in one project and 20 in the other. The project with 20, only 5 have profinet. The others only communicate via profibus.

good question - TIA or Step7 --- Step7
Which type of PLC has a integrated Profinet - S7-300 need always a CP - I think there is no S7-300 with an integrated Profinet. --- 6ES7 315-2EH13-0AB0. With this one we don't need the CP módule

How can you reach a CPU if its stop with MPI and TCP - It makes no sense - MPI is Profibus and it is integrated in the PLC and Profinet runs over the CP. --- I don't know. It doesn't make sense. But the PLC with profinet I can go online only I switch the button to STOP. I stop the PLC, e connect via TCP/IP and then i ca go online. I need to be there near the CPU. When I put the CPU in run mode I lose the acess remotely.

Come the unreachable situation in the last time or happens all the time - did you make the project? --- This start to happens a few weeks ago. Before I was able to see all the PLC's remotely. It was a company that made the project, not me.

What are all the IP-Adresses of the PLCs. --- You can see in the attachments

It is possible to make a dokument with pictures so we can find out what happens. You can see in the attachments

https://files.fm/u/vpu6v7mzu4 (In this link you can see the images)

Thanks

Vítor

sania
Site Admin

Post by sania » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:53 pm

first of all, because you are have separate projects you are need to adapt s7subnet id for cross-project ethernet
open netpro, 2klick on cross project ethernet line, here can see the subnet id, make sure in second project are subnet have same id, after correct need to download to all affected cpus

in properties you are have 192.x , but in excel is 10.x why?
are you sure if gateway 192.168.128.254 exist ?
which ip for your pc?

vitor

Post by vitor » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:07 pm

I was seeing and the subnet id is different in the two projects.

Should have the same value, correct?

in properties you are have 192.x , but in excel is 10.x why? --- Sorry I upload the wrong picture. In the link already changed it to the right image.

are you sure if gateway 192.168.128.254 exist ? --- Yes, I'm Sure. Last week I changed the IP of all CPU's. All off them have gateway.

which ip for your pc? --- I use dinamic IP. If i'm in the company network I don't need to be in the same range. With Dinamic IP it works.

Before I was able to access it without any problem. One day without realizing why I no longer had access to these two PLC's. Do you know why this happened? I'm sure that I didn't change anything before. I've been seeing old backups, and the subnet id was different in the projects before, but I was able to reach all the PLC's. (wow)

Thank you one more time.

Vítor

sania
Site Admin

Post by sania » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:00 pm

Yes, should be same value. In small configuration is not so important, but with 10-20 and more nodes it can be make problem, usually for PLCs with integrated PN
PLCs connected to managed switch?
Who are manage the switch? IT?
Are you sure if IT not make any changes to the switches?

vitor

Post by vitor » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:46 am

Hello,

Yes, should be same value. In small configuration is not so important, but with 10-20 and more nodes it can be make problem, usually for PLCs with integrated PN --- I'll change the subnet id today and see if solve the problem.
PLCs connected to managed switch? --- Yes
Who are manage the switch? IT? --- The IT manage the internal network. Usually they don't manage the automation switches, but I'll ask today to be sure.
Are you sure if IT not make any changes to the switches? --- I'll ask today. But I believe they didn't make any changes.

Later I let you know if the change of subnet id solved the problem.

Thank You,

Vítor