Simatic Manager crashed - cannot delete SFC block anymore

SIMATIC S7-200/300/400, Step7, PCS7, CFC, SFC, PDM, PLCSIM,
SCL, Graph, SPS-VISU S5/S7, IBHsoftec, LOGO ...
axios

Simatic Manager crashed - cannot delete SFC block anymore

Post by axios » Wed May 04, 2022 2:28 pm

ello all,

I have a problem with a SFC:

When doing an Update Block types from Library to System Simatic Manager crashed.

Now I am left with a SFC block which I cannot delete, because of the error message "text cannot be read" and I cannot compile this CPU anymore. I therefore would have to delete the SFC and instanciate again, but I cannot delete the SFC block.

When I open the problematic SFC I get the message "Text cannot be read". When I go to Block Contacts I get the same error message twice, then I am told there are no Block Contacts - which is wrong, there are several there, but Simatic Manager cannot read them anymore and I cannot delete them anymore. If I click Update Block Contacts, I see them all and can Update them but the situation is the same, in main Window the block contacts are gone.

I think I would simply have to delete all the block contacts to make this SFC deletable and everything returns to normal.

Could Anybody tell me how to delete this SFC block? Doing so always gives me the error message "text cannot be read" without actually deleting the block.

Dfcz

Re: Simatic Manager crashed - cannot delete SFC block anymore

Post by Dfcz » Wed May 04, 2022 4:59 pm

Is the block still in the project?Then copy the project and delete the block in the new one. Or create a new project and move everything there except the block.

Try to delete all blocks with author attribute ES_MAP and recompile CFC

axios

Re: Simatic Manager crashed - cannot delete SFC block anymore

Post by axios » Fri May 13, 2022 8:59 am

Thank you,

I would like to do an update to this:
I deleted all linestates from this SFC and then was able to compile the CPU again. I still cannot delete the SFC block but compilation is enough for now.

The project will now be sent to Siemens for repair.

I also tried to delete all ES_MAP (in a copy) but cannot delete the SFC either