[?]: Serial prommer Siemens 6ES5 695

SIMATIC S7-200/300/400, Step7, PCS7, CFC, SFC, PDM, PLCSIM,
SCL, Graph, SPS-VISU S5/S7, IBHsoftec, LOGO ...
gagula

[?]: Serial prommer Siemens 6ES5 695

Post by gagula » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:52 pm

Regards to all members.
Recently I purchased an old programmer of eBay for programming the S5 eprom modules.
If I only knew then what I know now...
You can purchase three versions of Siemens external prommer (second hand):
- Serial Prommer 6ES5-695 (big case with two slots for S5 memory modules on top of it, with copy function),
- Parallel Promer 6ES5-696 (smaller case with two slots on the front side, one for S5 module, other for module type 500)
- and the most expensive one, USB type.
For the Serial and Parallel prommers, only one possible way (theoretical, not found actual proof of that anywhere on the www) to use them are Step 5 versions 6.x
From versions 7.x, because of the compatibility issues, there is no possibility for using external serial or parallel prommer.
I believe that for parallel prommer things are a bit easier.
Serial prommer is intended to be used only on PC and to compliment that, Siemens has removed the selection of serial prommer from PG installations of Step 5.
You can still find three versions of Step5 v6, but for now, they are useless for Serial prommer.
Version 6.3 for PC (by someone's mistake is called 6.03), version for DOS, in keyboard editor has an option for com port selection for prommer, but version requires parallel decoder (ancient dongle) to be started, so no use of that.
Version 6.5 for PC, maybe could be the best solution, but it requires to be authorized with EKB license, and you guess, there is no version 6.5 in EKB loader, just 6.6, and that won't work. There is a file that you should move to the install directory, but after that, you lose a lot of functionalities including serial prommer connection.
Version 6.65 found in that package is for PG only, it won't allow installation on PC. However, I managed to install it on one old Simatic PC, but since it's for PG, installation is without a serial prommer option.

A kind person has provided me with a manual for the Prommer so I was able to make a cable. It is a full-duplex DB 25 to 25 with the link between pin 7 and 17 on prommers side as connector identifier. Knowing this, it is possible to build a DB 9 to DB 25 cable.

If anyone has either registration for Step 5 v6.5 or installation for "Step 5 v6.60 for PC", please let me know.

Answers to FAQs
Faq & Info
Faq & Info
Location: Frequently Asked Questions – Часто Задаваемые Вопросы

Re: [?]: Serial prommer Siemens 6ES5 695

Post by Answers to FAQs » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:31 am