Wincc project problem

SIMATIC S7-200/300/400, Step7, PCS7, CFC, SFC, PDM, PLCSIM,
SCL, Graph, SPS-VISU S5/S7, IBHsoftec, LOGO ...
asman

Wincc project problem

Post by asman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:23 pm

Hello for all,
At our site there is SCADA System consist of one main PLC, 4 RTU and 2 PC as HMI Stations
Each PLC unit consist of two CPU for redundancy
All PLC CPUs are 412-3H with CP 443-1 connected to Ethernet switches with fiber optic ports to make ring communication, HMI Stations connected by Ethernet cables to master switch of communication ring, SCADA System is WINCC V7.0 SP2
My job is to add third HMI Station to the system, I decide to try with my own laptop with LAN port to be sure before make order, I already installed wincc v7.0 sp2, simatic net v8.0 sp1 and SIMATIC NCM Manager but without licence
When I test communication between PC and PLC Units throw Ethernet cable it was working and PING done, Also when I use SIMATIC NCM Manager to see accessible nodes it show all PLC units
When I begin to test WINCC project it didn't open and show the networl location cannot be located error, but when I disconnect Ethernet Cable and reopen wincc project it opens but of course not show any readings.
Can any one help me with this problem??
Thanks in advance

omar_yousry

Re: Wincc project problem

Post by omar_yousry » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:31 am

Hello Asman,
you didn't mention if the HMI is a server client or a stand alone?
how did you copy the application? did you use the project duplicator?
it might be referring to the PC from where you copied the project "check computer name"