[?]: PROFIBUS PA..

SIMATIC S7-200/300/400, Step7, PCS7, CFC, SFC, PDM, PLCSIM,
SCL, Graph, SPS-VISU S5/S7, IBHsoftec, LOGO ...
maher

[?]: PROFIBUS PA..

Post by maher » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:05 pm

Dear all,

i don't have any experience in transacting with profibus PA, so i sent this subject to find an explanation in the shortest time.

according to my attachment:

1) how can i check the healthy of the profibus PA BY other words ( what is the job of the terminator switch ) & what is the correct measuring value ?
2) state 1
- what is the procedures if i need to replace the instrument [33] by new one ( i have to shut down the plant or what )?
3) state 2
- what happen if the junction box ( JPA10 ) is going be defected the whole of the bus will out of service ( it is possible )?
- what is the procedures to exchange this box by new one ( i have to shut down the plant or not )?
4) state 3
- i like to know the steps if the previous setuations ( in state 2 ) are happened in this box .
5) state 4
- if i need to change the instrument [ 49 ] what is the steps.
6) state 5
- what will the situation be if the terminator switch opened?
I know it is the basics but i came to here to keep the time and also to get an practical reply.
thanks in advance

maher

peterc101

Re: [?]: PROFIBUS PA..

Post by peterc101 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:55 pm

state 1

i always shut down the PA network when replacing instruments , otherwise your PA network will go wild , and you will probably shortcircuit your network

state 2

if your junctionbox will go defectif then yes most likely your PA network will go down
if you have to shutdown the plant depends on how the rest of your plant will work without the PA network ,most likely you will havee to shut down the plant

state 3

look at state 2

state 4

shut down the PA network
connect your new instrument
make sure your profibus adress is put correct , usually this is done with dipswithes
make sure you have got the right GDC-file for the new instrument in your cpu , if not delete the old instrument in your hardware add new one and use the new GDC for doing this

state 5

if terminator switch is open you PA network will go down