[?]: Hilscher Netlink

SIMATIC S7-200/300/400, Step7, PCS7, CFC, SFC, PDM, PLCSIM,
SCL, Graph, SPS-VISU S5/S7, IBHsoftec, LOGO ...
Alexsan

[?]: Hilscher Netlink

Post by Alexsan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:54 am

Hello all.
Some one have used the Net Link cable from Hilscher or Helmholz?

I´m try to configure as a programming interface for Step7.

I already have 3 installed and working for OPC sollution, but I want to use also to program the plc.

Regards.

weijah

Post by weijah » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:48 am

i am using helmholz netlink cable.what is your problem?

Alexsan

Post by Alexsan » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:56 am

I install the driver S7-NET in Step7, but when I try to setup the online connection, Step7 responds "no hardware found". I check the netlink settings, and try using different protocols (MPI and PROFIBUS) with different speeds with no results.

You are using to programming your PLC´s?

Thanks.

weijah

Post by weijah » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:55 am

look at
http://www.helmholz.de/down.aktuell,26_ ... 24963.html

there you will find the manual.

Which kind of adapter do you have.exact name etc

benthouse

Post by benthouse » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:03 pm

Alexsan wrote:I install the driver S7-NET in Step7, but when I try to setup the online connection, Step7 responds "no hardware found". I check the netlink settings, and try using different protocols (MPI and PROFIBUS) with different speeds with no results.

You are using to programming your PLC´s?

Thanks.
First of all, what I do, is configure the Helmholz Netlink MPI adapter with a fixed IP address.
Second step is set the communication Parameter equal to the port you want to use. (MPI in STEP7 = MPI in Helmholz Netlink, Profibus in STEP7 = Profibus in Helmholz Netlink.)
Third, Install the correct PG/PC interface. With your Netlink comes a CD with an install programm, install it and then select inside the PG/PC Interfacesettings for Netlink MPI or Netlink Profibus, according to the settings in your hardware.

If you change the settings in your hardware, and download it after this to your CPU, you need to select the other PG/PC interface!!!

This is everything you must know!!

Regards,
Benthouse

Alexsan

Post by Alexsan » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:04 pm

Hello all, thanks for your help.

I have a question: in the communications parameters in step7, I need to set the PG address equal from the Netlink? because I read from some instructions the Netlink is another node in the profibus network, but if I´m using as a programming interface, I´m not sure....

I install allt eh drivers, but have some issues with this...

Thanks in advance.

bit.hunter

Netlink

Post by bit.hunter » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:54 am

If you have a Netlink that appear a metallic Profibus Connector with green cable, then try to use a autocrossing switch for the ethernet interface.

I can't communicate with direct connection of the ethernet interface of the Netlink to PC, neither with cross cable. Only worked with auto crossing switch.